The Tweedles

Saturday, June 07, 2008

Oh My Aching.....

Everything!
Today I went to my trainer's bootcamp workout and I might go and die about now. I haven't trained with her since the early days of my pregnancy because the relaxin kicked my ass. My joints were so loose I would roll my ankle walking and my knees would just periodically give out, so I figured it best to not jump around and stuff which I do when I work out. And then today. Oh golly lolly, I should have just sucked it up and took the chance of blowing out ligaments and such, then I wouldn't be suffering like I am now! (okay it's not that bad, but poetic licence and all)
The reason for the self torture? I've made no bones about wanting another baby, as soon as possible, please. But I need to finish losing the pregnancy weight and then some before the next baby. To this end I have started working out again and I even bit the bullet and joined Weight Watchers, whch has been going suprisingly well. A nice bonus of today's workout was for me to realize that while my fitness has suffered, not too much else has. I can't jump as high, but I can still skip, although not as long, but at least I don't trip all over the place like I expected. It was really nice to work out again, I do love the physicality of it and my trainer rocks and creates a routine that really challanges me and is quick to show results so I keep loving it. Another nice gift from the post partum gods was that my abs have seemed to heal well and I did at least 100 crunches today with no pain! I was a little worried that I would feel pain in my incision or where my abs seperated, but there was nothing. YAY! I totally attribute it to wearing Trixie in a wrap (like a Moby) so much. It's helped to strengthen my abs and my whole core, plus Trixie loves it and I love it, but the merits of babywearing is a whole another post.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 6/09/2008 11:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is awesome Deadra! WTG!
I did WW after Ian (well, like 10 months after Ian) and within 10 weeks I lost 18 lbs! I found it super easy to follow and fun to make the points add up. LOL
So good luck, and keep at it! You're a superstar for already working out!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home