The Tweedles

Thursday, May 01, 2008

2 months

Dear Trixie,
This was a really busy month for you, we went up to Canada and you met many many friends and relatives. You were mostly content to be held by all of them, but there were a few moments where no one but Mama was acceptable, and I can't lie, I loved that you wanted only me. I'm finding it really amazing that you love me so much, and that you are my little baby. Even after 2 months I'm still wrapping my mind around it. Anyhow you were a trooper and gave everyone smiles and won all of their hearts. You met some other babies and they loved you too. Your nose was beeped several times and you went along with it, cooing and gurgling in the cute little manner that you do.

You discovered your hands this month and you have spent several hours a day since then studying your hand and more recently you've learned that you can suck on your fingers. You will fuss and struggle to get your middle and ring fingers into your mouth and then when you do you suck contentedly making an adorable slurping sound. (Daddy complains that when he makes similar sounds I don't find them as cute, especially when he farts. Your farts are cute, Daddy's are not.) You first saw and recognized your hands when we were at your Uncle Dale's house dropping the dog off so we could go to Canada guilt free. Uncle Dale was holding you in a sitting position on his lap and you balled up your little fist in the girly manner (thumb in) and then spend the next twenty minutes just staring at your fist at every angle. I became totally engrossed watching you and was a little miffed that your dad and uncle didn't find it to be as facinating as I did. It was then I solidified my opinion that you are genius. The amount of intensity that you used to study your wee little fist was pretty amazing, clearly you are meant to do great things!

While we were in Canada you saw your first snow and Mama was not happy about it! I hadn't packed the right clothes for you, luckily though, we have some great friends in Canada who lent us some clothes to keep you warm. Again you were a trooper and didn't even bat an eyelash at the cold, although you didn't like the wind so much. I'm happy that we're home now and that I don't have to worry about your cute little nose freezing off, but I do have to worry about you getting a sun burn. But we're in month three now, so I'll wait to mention that....


love Mama.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 5/02/2008 6:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will email you the pics we took.
Glad you're home and relaxing now.

michelle :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home