The Tweedles

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Beatrix Update

Hi everyone. Thanks for the messages and well wishes.
Trixie is so cute that I swoon everytime I see her.
There is a little glitch in my ultimate mommy plan.
She's in the NICU right now and it's not clear what's wrong, but it doens't appear to be something horrible. It looks like my placenta started to give out on her and she actually may have lost weight before she was born. So she came out at a deficit and when she lost more weight as normal newborns do it was too much for her. The good news is that she started taking formula from a bottle today and keeping it down. She does have a feeding tube in, but it's only been used once. (she hates it!)
I will post more updates and pictures as soon as I can.
Right now we're off to the hospital again to feed her and we've been given a parent's room for the night so that we can be near to her.
More later I promise!

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 2/28/2008 9:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dea, my thoughts are with you all! I hope Trixie starts gaining weight soon and you can bring her home. Email if you need anything!

 
At 2/29/2008 5:47 AM, Blogger PEEPS PAGES said...

So glad you've posted! I have been worried sick about you! Glad to hear you are doing o.k. and that Trixie is getting the care she needs. Those NICU nurses are special people eh?

Matthew and I wish you all the best with your recoveries and hope you can bring your precious baby girl home soon!

Jenny

 
At 2/29/2008 7:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay for an update, I was getting worried.
we're sending our love. chat soon!

 
At 2/29/2008 9:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Deadra!
Thanks for the update. What you are explaining is what also happened to my mom with my brother... he was born at 4lbs 12 oz, but super long! And now he's a tall, healthy big guy. In no time flat Trixie will be healthy and out of the hospital.
Best wishes!
Kim

 
At 2/29/2008 7:58 PM, Blogger Gabrielle said...

thinking about the three of you, hope Beatrix will be home with you asap......love you........ sending all the best in happy positive thoughts..... Dad and Gay XXOO

 
At 3/01/2008 11:49 AM, Blogger Gabrielle said...

what a cute we Video......love it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home