The Tweedles

Monday, January 28, 2008

37 Weeks!

Which means I'm full term! YAY! I have a fully formed baby in me. Kinda trippy.
I was doing baby laundry yesterday and it's weird to look at everything and think that my baby will get to wear it.
So along with the "YAY there's a baby!" comes weird feelings of seperation anxiety. Not so much her seperation from me, because while I like having her there, I can't wait to see her, it's more after the fact. I don't know how I am going to react to people coming and visiting and taking her from me to hold. (sorry family, but it's how I feel, I suspect there will be a time when this will change, this is merely how I feel right now) Adam thinks I've gone off of my rocker, but that's nothing new. My anxiety over the "pass the baby game" is directly related to her protection. Germs people! Germs. It's cold and flu season, and RSV is scary! And she's used to me and Adam, how will she feel to be passed from person to person, and just as her little eyes focus she realizes that it's not her Mama or her Daddy!
Okay clearly I need to breathe now, and cross my fingers that she cooks a little longer and I can get over this.
Although I have been feeling this way for a while. I don't buy into the whole idea that babies don't care of know. Even when friends have babies and I've visited, I've never just assumed that I would get to hold the baby, I would wait to be invited. When Tessa was born my brother immediatly gave her to me and I was a little shocked, I don't know if I could have done that to my one day old child. But then again my brother and I are different people, and he's no more wrong than I am for feeling this way.
Anyhow I'm crazy we know, Adam will tell you so.
And YAY baby!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 1/29/2008 9:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY!!! :)

 
At 1/30/2008 6:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just remember to tell people to not play with her hands. Babies hands go right in their mouths, and then hello germs!!

Having someone hold her is fine.

 
At 2/01/2008 12:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY! 37 weeks! I just hit 36 today...it's just so amazing. I totally hear you about passing-the-baby. In fact, I'm reconsidering whom I want at the birth because in picturing right afterwards, I'm realizing that with certain people, I'd be thinking, "Thanks for coming, your presence was wonderful for the birth...but now go away! You can't touch the baby! The baby will only be touched by us right now!" I wonder how long that imupulse will last? My sis-in-law let me hold my niece within an hour (but it was a hospital birth - pretty different) and I felt overwhelmed at the experience. Even so, I don't know I'd be able to do that!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home