The Tweedles

Monday, February 18, 2008

40 weeks

40 weeks marks my due date! Which is today! Too bad that it's an estimated due date though, and I'm still pregnant.
Adam has a theory that I won't go into labour for at least another week. He's looked up the statistics and has applied some mathy bits to it and has deduced the chance per day that I will have the baby. I believe I have about a 6% chance for today and slightly higher for tomorrow, overall a 25% chance this week.
I think it's all voodoo and he's put a hex on me to torture me!
Okay what's really happened is that him and the other super brains that he works with have figured this out to decide which projects to give him, based on the chance he will be able to finish them. I find it amusing that Google's brightest figured this out, you know instead of working on their-- work....

Anyhow DUDE 40 WEEKS! It's rather surreal! I feel rather stuffed with baby, and I am less than comfortable. I can't wait to burn my maternity clothes and wear normal clothes at some point again. (zippers and buttons on jeans, oh my!)
My midwife figures that the baby is about 7 and a half pounds, which I need to point out is a good size for a baby. I've had a few comments that 7.5 is really big and so on and so forth. But actually it's not. We're not all Christina Aguilera who chose a c-section at 37 weeks and had a small baby. (she chose a section! so that she wouldn't tear! I don't see how a small tear is worse than a large VISABLE scar. I think she's worried about other things really, to which I say, kegals, girl, kegals! Anyhow I digress.)

The baby is super active and likes to jab me hard, I guess she's less than happy with her confines as well. I remind her that it's up to her at this point and I'm not going to prevent her from coming!

I get to see my midwife and OB this week and the differences between them is rather amusing. I'm sure that my doctor will want to talk about induction and my midwife is much more laid back and willing to let nature take it's course. I will give my doctor credit though. She doesn't push me and knows that I do have a midwife and want to approach this in a natural fashion. That all being said I hope that I won't have to resort to less than natural options (which is anything that isn't the baby deciding on her own when to come), however I might be here in two weeks ready for whatever is needed.

Other than officially becoming full term there isn't a lot to report. Baby's growing, stretch marks are stretching and my craving for Japanese food is astronomical.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home