The Tweedles

Sunday, June 01, 2008

I need to remember

The other day just after we had woken up Adam, Trixie and I were laying in bed just talking and playing. So in between intoxicating baby giggles I asked Trixie where Daddy was and she looked over to Adam! (she sleeps between us) Then Adam asked her where Mama was and she looked back over to me. Based on this I've concluded that she's a little genius. In all seriousness though it warmed my heart. She knows who we are by name! Then today I asked her where Chachi was while we were playing in bed and she looked over to him. Now I'm not sure if she knows him by name or if he moved and the movement caught her attention, so I'll try that experiment again. It's really amazing to see her interacting like that. I think it's almost time to start the baby sign language lessons. I initially planned to wait a little while, but I think she can start now.



Last night we were eating dinner and I had Trixie on the island with us, sitting her in her Bumbo so that she could be part of dinner. To further amuse her I gave her a tea spoon to hold and wave around. Adam commented that she would poke herself in the face with it and as soon as he said it she whacked herself in the eye with the spoon. I held my breath waiting for her to start crying or something and instead my silly little girl breaks out in the biggest smile and started belly laughing for all she was worth. It was quite funny listening to her laugh like that, Adam, my dad and I all started laughing with her, which only made her laugh harder. I nearly had tomato sauce coming out of my nose! The rest of dinner was less eventful, but I really liked having Trixie there as part of the meal, I think I'll include her more.


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home