The Tweedles

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Infertili-what?

Today at a playgroup I was talking to one of the other moms who conceived her baby through IVF, so I shared my story with her how Trixie is an IUI baby. We spent the next 40 minute or so sharing our stories and talking about when we were each going to try again. (me later this year, her maybe next year) Then we both reminded each other about the infertile gone fertile urban myth. How some mothers will just have all of her problems magically go away after she gives birth the first time. Other mothers that were sitting near us and heard the conversation also assured us that they know of someone who knows someone who turned fertile and "it was amazing!" I smiled and nodded, secretly hoping that I'll someday have an "accident baby", but in reality I suspect I'll be injecting myself on a daily basis again for a couple weeks to get Trixie a sibling.
Then on my way home I was thinking about the whole conversation and how talking about it kind of dredged up some old feelings. I had forgotten how gutted I was every time I would get my period, or how when I found out a good friend had her baby I sobbed so hard I nearly lost my voice. I'd forgotten how lonely I felt, feeling like everyone around me was getting pregnant and I couldn't, even though I wanted to so badly.
I feel like I shouldn't forget those times, after all I was so consumed with my efforts to get pregnant, and I will have to go through it again. It's kind of like if I don't remember the efforts I put in I'm doing an injustice to every imagined baby I would have had each time I'd slog through another two week wait.
On the other hand I don't want to dwell on something so depressing when I have her to look at every day.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 5/21/2008 5:46 AM, Blogger PEEPS PAGES said...

I must say Dea, that during your trials to get little Trixie, you wrote very well. Describing your fears, iritations, anger and joy in such a way that if anyone were to stumble onto your blog looking for reassurance they would find it. I hope that whether it is a quick miracle or one that requires some wait that you are still able to share ALL your emotions again with us.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home