The Tweedles

Thursday, June 12, 2008

I tie my baby to my body.

Before I had Trixie I knew about this baby wearing thing, but since I've had her I've fallen absolutely in love with baby wearing. My article of choice is a wrap, so really I do tie Trixie to my body.

In all honestly I've become a bit of a baby wearing snob. I don't much consider it baby wearing if someone is using a bjorn or other mass marketed devise like that. (I'm sure I'll get yelled at for saying that.) I don't consider it baby wearing because there is so much engineering between you and your baby. In the bjorn there is a padded panel that separates you from your baby, where as if you use a wrap you are tummy to tummy with your baby, almost becoming one with your baby. Also I've heard more complains about bjorns than any other carrier, how they are really uncomfortable and how the baby isn't well supported and such. In a wrap a baby is really well supported, and it's comfortable for them. Trixie just curls herself up around my body and snuggles in and often sleeps when I wear her.

Wearing Trixie has also helped me to recover from my c-section and helped to strengthen my abs and back after pregnancy. At my first hard workout back after having her I didn't have any pain when I was working my abs, I totally attribute this to wearing Trixie so much. It's a great work out regime. My muscles are strengthening as she grows, so she isn't too heavy for me. I suspect I'll be able to wear her well into her toddlerhood.

Also baby wearing is so convenient. I can go places with Trixie that I wouldn't be able to take her in a stroller. Shopping is easier since I don't have to worry about lugging a car seat around or dealing with a stroller and a basket as I shop. I just wear Trixie and I go. I have both hands free and she sleeps. And as an added bonus all sorts of people stop to compliment me on Trixie and how cute she is and how she looks so comfortable. Sometimes I feel like such a celebrity in the grocery store in the middle of the day, all of the little old blue hairs stopping me to coo at my baby. It's good for Trixie too when there are a lot of strangers around. She's free to interact with them and feel confident because I am right there, or if she is overwhelmed she can nuzzle into the wrap and hide away from everyone.



While I love wearing Trixie in a Moby, I'm finding that it's a really hot wrap, and with summer breathing down our necks I want something a little lighter. I bought a solar veil wrap and it's nice, but I want this. They are the Rolls Royces of wraps, and they're sturdy and light. I think that the blue one with the daisies is the prettiest. (hint hint Adam... )

hee hee hee.

(okay maybe this post was just a not so subtle ploy to convince Adam that I need the didy, although I do stand by everything I've said.)


Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 6/13/2008 12:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks somewhat similar to the wrap I had for Ian...
http://www.peapodcreations.ca
although at a third of the price.
Worth looking into! (although the daises are pretty! LOL)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home