The Tweedles

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Mish Mash, vol ?

On Decluttering.
I was on a message board a couple weeks ago and saw that there was a thread where people were posting their goals on how many things they were going to throw away and declutter their lives. I thought it was a great idea, but unsure if I could just throw away stuff. But, ya know? I can! This weekend I threw away another 5 pair of shoes. I know shocking, 5 pairs! I was a little aghast but I hadn't worn them in over a year and they were takin' of space and we were paying people to move them, seemed ridiculous to me. So they're gone, although I had to get Adam to actually carry them to the garbage. Baby steps, right? I also garbaged some other random stuff, which takes my number up to 14. Which made me wonder, what would be a good goal for me? 100? 250? 500? 1000? Before we moved I culled my wardrobe, reducing it by two thirds, but I won't count that, since it's done.

On Trolls.
So you know that I have anonymous commenters. Mostly I'm fine with them, but I don't like them being rude, or lecturing me. Arg. So if you love me, tell me.

On Spring.
Spring has sprung! It's been springing for a while, but it's wasn't quite there, and now it's all sproinged! I'm spleased! I find it a little amusing that I'm getting excited over spring, uh, springing, since there was no snow, no cold to shake. However the fresh cut grass smell, and the blooming flowers, and even the ozone smell of rain, I love it all! I've always said that I love spring and fall best and here I am in the land of spring and fall!

On Ceramics.
I don't have any new photos, but I have a bunch of new pieces. Right now I am making a fist of rock for my brother, although he doesn't know it. I'm also making tiles for my table, rather than use mosaic tiles to create a design, instead I'm making puzzle piece tiles, and giving them an interesting finish. I can't wait until it's done and I can show you.

On Chachi.
Regan wrote how her chihuahua is a surly teenager, and it made me think of Chachi. Adam and I joke that he's a teenager with the quirks of one. To elaborate, he'll sleep all day given the chance. He would love nothing more than for me to lay in bed all day so he could too. When I get up in the mornings he gives me the look disgust and makes his way over to the couch in the sun. He's developed a selective listening habit, which is highly annoying. I have proven to be more stubborn than a five pound chihuahua, which I think is a feat on it's own. He'll do anything for food, be it puppy treats or human food. Hoever he only has a taste for high end treats though, won't eat the cheaper ones, but he will play with them. For some reason he figures he's the enforcer and when I chide the cat for something he runs over and nips at him. Why Bonsai doesn't lay the smack down on him is beyond me.

On My New Blog.
It's call What I Had For Lunch. I find often when I am talking to Gay (my stepmom) I relay recipes that I have recently made. I figure this will be a good way for me to keep track of everything I make and how I did. I like to take a recipe and alter it to make it more my taste, and I always forget what I did, or lose the post-it I wrote it on and stuck to my cupboard door. Also the number of times I've asked Gay for her chocolate pudding recipe is shameful.... It's so good though, it's English style, so it's cakey, not all gooshy like American pudding. De-vine!

On Bosu
Oh I heart a Bosu more than ever now. So much so that I might have to buy one. I still use them a lot when I work out, but now I'm using it while I work with weight, which really adds to the workout. Julie's started having me to pushups on them. It's freaky hard, but I can do it! I was explaining to my friend Lauren, who I started my journey into climbing with, about the rush I get when I work out with a bosu. I love the feeling of accomplishment I get when I can do something on it. Although I love to strength train, I never has the same feeling of accomplishment, but when I do it with the bosu, I do. It's great.

So I think that mostly covers what's going on in my life.

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

At 3/08/2007 1:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you Dea!!

I hope you get your T-Tapp stuff soon. You will love it.

 
At 3/08/2007 1:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you Dea!!

I hope you get your T-Tapp stuff soon. You will love it.

 
At 3/08/2007 4:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't actually love you, having never met you, but I hope you don't consider me a troll either.

 
At 3/08/2007 4:31 PM, Blogger TweedleDea said...

I don't think you're a troll, I know who you are. Although you did leave me wandering around Cambridge once....

 
At 3/09/2007 4:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm really really really sorry about that. It's mostly my fault, but partly also Icelandair's and partly Dale's.

I missed my flight home from the Netherlands and ended up stranded without even enough cash to stay in a hostel (and Icelandair wasn't flying for another 2 days). I couldn't really make phone calls, but I was IMing my husband. He called Adam's cell, but the voice mailbox was full. He then called the only other number I had for Adam, and got Dale. Dale promised to get the message to Adam.

So I stood you guys up, and have felt guilty about it ever since. And out of that guilt I never wrote and apologized. And then I felt so stupid that I never wrote. etc...

A blog is probably not the right place to confess/resolve this stuff, but whatever.

 
At 3/09/2007 5:41 PM, Blogger TweedleDea said...

It never really was that big of a deal. It was cool to see Harvard and all that. And since I don't know you, when else was I able to use that guilt trip?

 
At 3/10/2007 9:27 AM, Blogger Gabrielle said...

We love you, we love you, we love you

On Decluttering
……OH MY GOD……you got rid of 5 pairs of shoes……OH MY GOD. That’s all I have to say about that…OH MY GOD.
We love you

On Trolls
If you have nothing nice to say, DO NOT SAY ANYTHING.
We love you

On Spring……….
O.K so you live in the land of spring and fall. Lucky you.
We are far from the smell of fresh cut grass and flowers but the snow has gone from around the house and I can (when the sun is out, have coffee out on the deck) we now have Robins about so you know that spring is just around the corner.
We love you

On Ceramics
Would love to see some pictures, love your stuff it is very creative, what a great idea for your tabletop.
We love you

On Chachi
LOL…you have raised him well………
We love you

On your new Blog
Sounds like a good idea, and you have used 2 of my recipes first……I feel special and loved…….!
We love you

On Bosu
I think you should go out and buy one for your self, if it makes you feel that good, way to go Deadra.
We love you.

 
At 5/03/2007 9:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi Deadra I just read your whole month and sounds to me tha you are really enjoying you new life. The valley will always be a stopping point for you to come to. Weather or not you stay is not important. However you still do have your grandparents to visit. We must all do that. I love reading your blogs and I get great pleasure from them, keep it up Sweety
Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home