The Tweedles

Monday, February 26, 2007

Nouns and verbs, please.

It seems that I am suffering from being alone too much. I have developed twin speak, but without a twin. Sometimes I even talk to Adam in my special language, expecting him to understand me. There are the times when he does, but mostly he looks at me like I'm wearing my bra on my head (and fantasizing about me being topless*). Mostly this happens when I want him to get something, or do something and my brain is working faster than my mouth, resulting in gibberish. His vacant look exacerbates me, 'cause shouldn't he know what I'm thinking? I know what I'm thinking, and we breathe the same air all the time now, shouldn't that count for something, some weird cognitive alignment? He should speak my language by now. But alas, not always.
Now when I garble some sentence of random syllables he reminds me about the basic building blocks of the English language.
"Nouns and verbs, please."

*apparently even when boys have the boobs committed to them for ever'n'ever they still revert to their old teenage selves when in presence of them.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 2/27/2007 2:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wait until you have a kid... then it will be baby talk: "How is widdle Adam today? Is he a big boy? Yes, he is. He's a big boy." Nothing beats baby talk!!

 
At 3/05/2007 9:04 AM, Blogger Gabrielle said...

it must be a "HARKER" thing........your dad is the same way.......he thinks I should know what he is talking about all the time......I cannot read his mind even after 22 years........nope no way it does not work like that at all. You cant just utter words and expect us to fill in the blanks……..and to get it right all the time.......LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home