The Tweedles

Friday, February 23, 2007

Operation Save for a Couch.

I've decided that we need new couches, or at least one new couch and an oversized chair. The couches we have now are a little thread bare and old. Not that we aren't greatful for them, but they are getting worn out. Then to add to their worn-outedness, Chachi has managed to rip one of the back cushions and loves to pull all of the stuffing out. I think he wants to make me feel at home by replicating snow strewn throughout the livingroom. Luckily though, he has ripped it in an inconspicous spot and we have been "repairing" it with duct tape, but that only lasts so long. Thank you little puppy.
So we've picked out the couch we want. I like it because it's leather and washable, but it's cheap enough that if a pet scrathches it I won't have a heart attack. I think Adam would like to have the matching chair, but I think I would rather have one that is contrasting, maybe in a toile? (this is just a sample of the fabric, however, I am so excited at the prospect of an Asian toile, it's like nirvana!)
Anyhow in order to purchase a couch and a chair we will have to have the spare money to do it, so instead of increasing our debt load, I think we should go the old fashioned way and save for it. (seriously working for a bank has ruined my spending habits....) Last night we started Operation Save For a Couch, rather then spend $10 for Adam to get a hair cut, I just cut his hair for him. It looks okay if he only approaches people with his right side and always tilts his head a little to the left. Really I think I did a great job, and I did it all with scissors, not the clippers. At one point he looked like he had a bowl cut, and I had to stop for a couple minutes because we were laughing so hard. He thought it best that I not be laughing in spastic motions around his eyes with sharp scissors in hand. All in all I think it may have worked out, and we're $10 closer to getting our new livingroom.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 2/23/2007 12:50 PM, Blogger Gabrielle said...

LoL....I have tears after reading that post.....
1.....it was funny
2.....poor adam
3.....poor adam

dad said that he would send you $10....for a hair cut, should be good since he walks with a lean anyway.....tehe.....
I will go for that as well....I am sure that you can do just as good, if not better...than the hair cut I just got....it looks like my hair has been chewed by rats......

 

Post a Comment

<< Home