The Tweedles

Monday, March 05, 2007

The Garbage Situation, cont'd.

I've explained before about the ladies in the back. As in the back yard, living in the converted garage. There are two of them, one in, I would guess, her forty's and the other around my age. For the record I think that the younger one is much more reasonable, based on the limited conversations I have had with both of them.
Anyhow the situation today. The garbage is collected on Tuesday mornings and therefor it is taken out Monday night. If the garbage isn't taken out by the time Adam gets home he takes it all out, all being 3 garbage cans, 2 recycling cans and a larger yard waste can. Then before he leaves for work Adam brings them all back in. Sometimes one of them will take the garbage out, and it's been the younger one who does it, and if we see her doing it, we go out and help her. However often if we don't have time to take it out before we leave to go to our Monday night gaming group, we take it out when we get home. The couple weeks that we've taken it out late we get home to find that one garbage can has been taken out and one recycling container. Today again, one garbage and one recycling, and 3 black plastic bags on the curb, which pissed me off. We bring all of the cans in every week and take most of them out, and yet they won't make the effort to do it all. I know it's petty but it irritates me to no end. It's like I am back in university living with the roommate who would write her name on her apples in the fridge.
Apparently living in a converted garage removes the humanity from your soul, leaving you an old, petty, cat lady.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 3/08/2007 11:27 AM, Blogger Regan said...

At our apartment complex the garbage chute is kinda close to our door and it really burns my bottom when people place garbage bags right on the ground in front of the chute. As if opening the chute and placing the bag in it is too much freaking work. Seriously a child can do it, I've seen it happen!

And even worse is when the item is too big for the chute. There is a sign right THERE that explains "items too large must be brought downstairs to the garbage can". But no one does that. They just leave the large item sitting there. On the ground. Very close to my door.

Numerous times I've wanted to print out my own sign to place on the chute calling my fellow residents morons and idiots, but each time Jason talks me out of it. One day I'm just going to snap and do it.

 
At 3/08/2007 11:32 AM, Blogger TweedleDea said...

In our old complex there was a little room where the chute was, and people would leave their garbage in the room all of the time. And they never hand carried down their bulky stuff. I'm convinced that people are uber lazy, especially when it comes to garbage....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home