The Tweedles

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Sweet Jee-Zuz it's all over.

Today is June 20th. Which means that the wedding was 4 days ago and we left Canada 2 days ago and should have arrived in California yesterday. Since I am writing this post you can assume that yes, I did survive the whole ordeal, but just bearly. For some unbeknownst reason I am so sick I can't breathe right. I woke up with a sore throat on Friday, which was the wedding day if anyone is keeping track. And now I have a lovely congested chest and infected ears. But!!!! It was the most amazing wedding. It's strange how it consumes you, the whole preparation. How you identify yourself with the wedding and all of the details. Like if the bow on the favours isn't just right the whole thing will be a giant flop. Funny, I am sure that some of the bows were crooked, because I am sure that the people who were setting up the tables were no where as anal as I, and wouldn't have straightened each one so it was protruding from the bag at the exact same angle as the other ones on the table. But you know what? No one noticed, no one commented that it would have been a great wedding except their bow was at a 30 degree angle but their date's was at a 28 degree angle. From all accounts everyone had a great time.
A funny part of the day? Oh yes me getting my massivly long veil caught on the railing as I turned the corner to go down the stairs as Etta James's "At Last" belts out. I had to stop and back up, it made for some amusing footage. I loved the chuckles I got when I went to read my vows and pulled out a scroll, and unrolled it and it went all of the way to the ground. I loved hearing Tessa exclaim "bubbles, bubbles!" throughout the ceremony and try to blow out the unity candle. You know? I even was happy with myself slopping chocolate on my dress. (it was nearing the end of the evening anyhow) I was so happy with her and Bailey, who wouldn't walk down the isle, and Tessa who ran down it, they were so cute. I loved how Tessa had the wedding co-ordinator ready to pull her hair out proclaiming that she had a "major crisis" becasue Tessa spilled OJ on her dress before the pictures. Sigh it wasn't a crisis, Tessa's 2, she was wearing white, she is meant to have spots, it wouldn't have been as perfect if she was pristine....
However, the getting into a car filled with newspaper and condoms, hmmm funny yes, but there is still condom lube on the leather. LEATHER people, Lea-ther.
All in all it was great. I have a hell of a cold and feel like a small creature has taken up residence in my sinuses, but considering what could have gone wrong in the past week, I'll take it!

3 Comments:

At 6/21/2006 1:39 PM, Blogger Gabrielle said...

Just a perfect wedding and what may have or may not have gone wrong only you will have been the one to know about it. Your guests were not looking at the bow’s although they were perfectly lovely, All eyes were on the beautiful beautiful Bride and the Hansom groom, and what a lovely couple you are.
From the wedding pavilion to the last tiny little details on the tea bags everything was so Deadra and Perfect.

 
At 6/22/2006 7:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I checked here yesterday and SWEAR TO GOD there was no new post... grr...

anyway, I loved the wedding. It was beautiful. Bailey told EVERYONE all about it at daycare on Monday. Noone there knows you, but they all know all about your big day... LOL

Love ya. Hope you're feeling better soon. Hugs

 
At 6/22/2006 12:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

For the record, there was /already/ condom lube on the leather....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home