The Tweedles

Saturday, June 03, 2006

I have all of the answers.

Lisa and Jenny you are close, but you didn't factor in the "Dea Factor", I'll give you each 12 points though, clearly you deserve it. I'm not sure on the value of the points, but you can say that you have 12 whole points!
So Sue and I are a year apart in a goofy sense. In Korea a child is counted as one when they are born, and then you add a year to your age every Lunar New Year, not on your date of birth as we do. So although Sue was born in 1980 in Korean age she is 27. I am 28 by our standards. By Korean standards I am 30, and by our standards Sue is 25. By using a fushion of aging we are a year apart.

Do you want to know what else I learned regarding Korean customs?
Well I am going to tell you anyhow.
First a language lesson.
Mother is Uma.
Father is Upa.
Pee is she.
Mother in law is She-Uma.
Father in law is She-Upa.

This struck me as strange. I am sure that it is not the same She, but it amused me a little. (Not that I think that my in laws are pee-ey, I just learned all this and thought it was strange.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home