The Tweedles

Monday, May 15, 2006

How to procrastinate with reason!

Our house is a full on disaster! Like WW3 hit or something. It's so bad that I am hiding from my kitchen lest it eat me alive because it's somehow created a life of it's own. Adam and I went shopping with Maggie on Saturday and we knew that it was going to be trouble for a couple reasons. First we have been so good we haven't been shopping in ages, so we knew that we were going to end up overdoing it. Secondly Maggie is much bigger than the corvette so it holds a lot more, so we weren't always playing mental Tetris to make sure that everything we bought would fit in the car. Everything fit, and there was room for more. YIKES. And did we shop, and then some. Honestly, there weren't that many splurges. It was stuff like food from Costco and laundry detergent and other groceries from other grocery stores, and then we went to Target. Why hasn't anyone told me about Target? It's like Walmart without the insanity. People were polite, they didn't push you around, it was quiet, it was sane, I LOVED IT!!! It was a little like Zellers, which isn't what I loved, it was how the place was civil. Oh Target, I heart you. Oh do you know who else I heart? Trader Jo's. It's this lovely grocery store, and it's so Californian. Everything is organic and yummy. They have this amazing yoghurt. It's greek style so it's really thick and delish. I've been eating a lot of yoghurt lately. I plan to bring some up to Canada, well I am going to pack it so I can have somthing to eat on the drive. TJ's also sell freeze dried strawberries, which are perfect in the greek yoghurt. I get the plain yoghurt because I like the tang, and I mix in the stawberries, so even though it's all fat free it's still thick and so yummy. Anyhow I yammer on about thick yoghurt. Clearly I am not made for this house wife thing, my house is messy and I am going on about youghurt.
On to the messy house. Sigh, the DOG!!! He does it! He scatters stuff, and he shreds stuff and he just scatters. And the HUSBAND! His clothes are always found in the livingroom! And he never takes his dishes into the kitchen! And he insists on wearing clean underwear everyday! How am I supposed to keep up with laundry like that???? Sheesh, I am going to put a sign in his drawer that says: "time to turn them inside out!" I think then I can slack on the laundry a little more. Also we bought him more underwear this weekend. And in case you care, he's graduated to a medium size! YAY! it's cause his waist is bigger now, he's losing his girlish 12 year old boy figure! Also I think these new underwear will accentuate his nice bum! Ya see there is a reason that I call him melon bum!
Moving on. I went and got my teeth whitened today. I think it's kinda like torture. They put this horrible mouth stretcher in and smear this goo on your teeth and then shine a horribly bright light in your mouth. The worst of it all? My teeth only got one shade lighter. Apparently I wasn't enough of a coffee drinkin', cigarette smokin', boxed red wine drinkin' honkey to get the optimal results. Well I'll know for next time. I'm left with the whitestest smile on their guage and extremly sensitive teeth from the procedure. They say that it will only last for a day, which I hope is true because I think the pain of a home extraction would be less annoying than this sensation.
Now to gripe about the RSVPs. They are coming in. I am convinced that the American postal service hates me; they still haven't delivered the ones to Calgary. I have had a whole slew of my pre-Adam friends decline. They live all over the place and I understand, but I get the feeling that this wedding is going to be more of a get together for Adam's family and friends then a wedding for me. There are all of these people RSVPing that I have never met. Friends of Adam's parents, I'm not sure if Adam even knows all of them. I guess this is what I get for moving all over and making friends everywhere. On the plus side I have lots of people to visit scattered all over the place!
Well I should go and show my kitchen who's boss, plus the tripping on stuff? Highly annoying.
bye!

1 Comments:

At 5/16/2006 1:28 PM, Blogger Lisa C. said...

I have pretty much stopped going shopping because every time I go to Target (even when it's for "just one thing") I end up spending minimum of $50. Every time. And it's not like I'm buying expensive stuff, either... it's like Eggo waffles, fruit, milk, and eggs. $50. God.

I spit on WalMart. Target is like the shrine of mega super shopping places. I love Target.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home