The Tweedles

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

My Weekend, by Deadra Harker- Berkan

I used both names because I am still kinda both for the time. Also a fun aside, there is a private school here and it's called the Harker school. So that means I could be seen as more than some blonde morman. So this weekend: on Saturday I went to scrapbook with a bunch of girls and it was so much fun that I was almost blowing rainbows out my butt! It was nice to meet some girls around here, and their sense of humour is so much like mine that is was nice that I didn't have to completely sensor myself. I still did though. Sometimes too much Deadra can overwhelm people who aren't used to it. Anyhow as it turns out they all work for the same company as Adam. That was a little surreal, but so true to my life as it seems.
Sunday Adam and I went to SanFrancisco and we went to the Japanese tea garden and China Town. The tea garden was so pretty and zen like. When I have a year of my own I want to have a little zen garden in the corner and that will be all of the gardening that I will be doing. I don't think that I have inherited my dad's green thumb, and I'm not to worried about that. I can design a garden, but I’ll have to have someone else do all of the upkeep! China Town was as awesome as always. I bought some cool stuff and saw so many things that I want. I got Tessa the most adorable outfit for the rehearsal dinner, she's going to be so cute. Then we went and took Maggie down Lombardy street. Adam had to break her in, except someone around us had really squeaky breaks and I am going to keep telling myself that it was the guy in front of us, not behind us! Then we came home like little old married couple and relaxed 'cause we were tired.
Yesterday I went to the dentist and nothing spectacular happened. And I made a roast. Wow I live an amazing riveting life. To really live it up, I used garlic. I put it in the roast. Like cut holes and put the garlic in the roast. I know, it's astonishing, isn't it. The sheer craziness of it is overwhelming. I can't contain myself.
Adam and I joined a board/ strategy game club in San Jose, which firmly roots us in the geek clique of Silicon Valley. Anyhow at the club this one couple asked us if we were Canadian and she based it on Adam's engineer ring and me saying 'sorry'. Apparently Canadians say "sorry" and Americans say "sarry", I said that we say all the letters, and she got all huffy assuming that I was being aggressive, but sigh it was the anthropologist in me coming out, not the snarly girl.... But if I would have explained it more it would have made me look more aggressive so I left it. After all she's been part of a game club longer than me, so that makes her far geekier than I. And that's all we are going to discuss on this topic.
Today I went to the gym. It was hellish, it gets so hot in there, and I sweat so much that I wonder how I don't turn all wrinkled. It's nasty. But there were some amusing people in the gym. There is this one older Chinese lady in there, and she wears a teal body thong suit, over black leggings and white slouch socks. I wonder where she gets the idea that this outfit is remotely proper, but hey, it's something for me to tell you, right? Anyhow she also ties a tea towel around her neck and does a half assed work out. I want to talk to her, mostly to ask why she needs the thong, and how it possibly assists in her work out. There was Anorexic Barbie there today. She was on the bike slowly pedaling away while reading a book, always looking like she just stepped out of a salon, she never broke a sweat and alternated between her book and her vitamin water. It made me laugh. Then after 20 minutes she left, still looking all fresh. But now she can comment that she was at the gym. Oi. Oh and there was me, with my trainer. She made me do one legged squats today. I bet that was amusing to watch. I wibbled and wobbled trying to get my balance centred so that I didn't twist my hips and so I could focus on squatting lower not being balanced. I am sure I was able to contort my face in some good ways. I also had to do pushups with my upper legs on a ball. That was fun, mostly just trying to not smash into the floor. I wish I was like 8 months pregnant. I think that would be a legit reason to not have to go to the gym right?
So I think that sums everything up to today. I made Adam beef stroganoff for dinner and I used yoghurt instead of sour cream and it curdled a little. Adam still ate it, I am going to throw out the rest. I don't like stroganoff anyhow, it's always bland to me. And I made banana bread. I figure if I bake him stuff he won't notice that his clothes are as neatly laundered as when his mother does it. But I hate laundry. I would rather do dishes than laundry! I am going to put a note in the bottom of Adam's underwear drawer that says "time to turn them inside out!".
Also someone from the internet put me on their blog roll. Me! On a blog roll! Yay! HI Lisa!!! if you want to see her site, go to a search engine and type in Random Outlaw, she is a good writer and has a cute little boy!
Oh Adam just got the mail and we got a wedding present! Wow that's kinda weird. But yay. Thanks!!!
Hmm I think that I have jabbered on about enough crazy stuff that I can go away now and not feel guilty that I haven't posted anything on this little bit of the internet that we rent. You know I need to put it all out there so all of the freaky people in the world can know exactly how to stalk me.
But who am I kidding. Who's going to stalk a short blonde geek who lives in Silicon Valley?

cheers, yo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home