The Tweedles

Sunday, June 11, 2006

The Aftermath.

Yesterday was stagette day for me and stag day for Adam. The stagette was fun, I had my nails done, pedicure and other pamperings. I was treated to party in a hotel, a dinner with a clown and dancing at a club. I realized that I am not the club girl that I once was. It was fun for about 10 minutes, then not so much. I am used to going to flirt and now I have no desire to flirt with random guys. Strange. Well not so much really.
On our way to the club this man stopped us and asked us to be in a commercial for the club since we were a big group and all excited. So we did, with no compensation, interesting! But it was amusing and if something actually happens to it, all the more interesting.
After the bar we went to hunt down Adam and his party. We found them at the strip club... clearly they were original! HA!
Anyhow Adam was cooked. He was so drunk I can't belive that he was breathing. I would like to send out a thank you to all of his friends who found it necissary to do that to a friend. And a sincere thank you to the mature one who was giving him water in beer bottles. Shall we say I was less than amused with the whole situation. Then some of them tried to get him to drink more, WHEN HE WAS PASSED OUT. WTF? Yeah I am not the favoured fiancee.... I wouldn't allow it, nor would I allow them to write on him. I guess I just don't understand why guys feel the need to punish their peers like this. Is it jelousy, is it anger? Or are they just mean? One of his friends said that since he guesses that he will be the last to get married he will get hazed bad at his stag so he is just making sure he is getting his just reward before his time. I call bullshit. But hey, I'm a bitch.
In any case Adam is really sick today. It's been a total write off for him. It sucks because he only gets so many days off for holidays and today was completely wasted. Furthermore he doesn't remember half of his day. I, on the other hand, had a great time and the focus of the party was on having fun, not punishing me. Sigh, another example of how women are superior to men. Hmmm I could apply a Darwinian theory here.
On to getting married in wedding season. Every bar that we went to last night was full of stagette parties and I was greeted with "CONGRATULATIONS!" everywhere I went. They were sincere, just as sincere as wishing a stranger "Happy St.Patrick's Day" or "Happy Valentine's Day", very Hallmark. I would suggest that getting married in the off season would make it more special and a little less mass produced, and everything is cheaper! Not that my wedding won't be my own or special, I'm just saying, you know?
And finally, family. Sigh. Do they want the free food, do they truly care, or am I asking too much of them? I bet I am asking too much of them. There is a rehersal dinner that I invited all of the out of towners to, and it seems that none can make it. Which I understand, but I wish that they could make it. I think it upsets me because all of Adam's family will be there, I feel more and more that this wedding could happen without me even arriving, short of me standing in front of everyone and professing my love for Adam, I am not sure that they may know who I am. I feel like I am just an incidental to this wedding, like whether or not we have vanilla or chocolate cake. ARG. I think that I am just feeling disjointed from it all perhaps becauase I have but so much effort into every minute detail. EVERY. MINUTE. DETAIL. As in every detail... I dream about the bows on the favours, and how the smaller inside bow isn't small enough and it isn't off set enough, so that the larger outside one is the same size as the smaller one and ahhhh... it won't look right. Then I wake up in a sweat realizing that I am a freak and that only I would know this. The funny bit is that I am not asking for help, I am just doing it myself. So I am not being a bridezilla, well not to anyone but myself.
I guess all in all I wish that I could enjoy all of this more, and feel that this is as much for me as it is for Adam and his family. It's hard though when your family only compromises 25 of the 87 guests.

3 Comments:

At 6/12/2006 1:38 PM, Blogger Lisa C. said...

Glad you had a great time at the stagette party... too bad Adam got so trashed :P . That sucks about the rehearsal dinner, too, especially considering the expense of those things!

Best of luck for the wedding. I hope it goes off without a hitch.

 
At 6/14/2006 10:05 AM, Blogger TweedleDea said...

Hey Lisa, shouldn't there be a hitch? HA ha ha... sigh.... Oi the humour, it's not so funny.
Colleen, yay! Thanks for reading, and I love your picture, you are so pretty, the babies, so cute!

 
At 6/15/2006 12:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gee, as a non-drinker, I'm glad that I took off before they hit the bar. Adam was still coherent then and seemed to be having fun. Plus the other guys weren't wasted yet so everything was still pretty good natured (although I hear stories about paint-ball...).

I can understand your pain in the "numbers game"... at my Brother's wedding we were outnumbered almost three to one! It was sad until we decided that it was more important that we were all there and that they would have been sad if they hadn't all been there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home