The Tweedles

Monday, August 06, 2007

12 weeks

Hey! Today I am 12 weeks pregnant! 12 weeks, 3 months! Holy moly, wasn't I peeing on a stick like yesterday?
Anyhow I am officially taking Murp off of time out, I seem to be able to drink water again. I also noticed today that Murp is a pimply teenager, since all I want is pizza and coke. Now for the record, I don't really like either! I much prefer Murp as a vegan hippy.
According to Baby Center Murp is the size of a lime, I guess my prediction that s/he would be a chicken wing was not quite right. Hmm, oh well. Also Murp is 2 inches long and weighs half an ounce. I was also happy to read that Murp's eyes have moved to the centre of his/her face away from the sides. I think that this should be a milestone. Along with the loss of a tail, the moving of the eyes really ensures that I am, in fact, carrying a human and not a newt. (Oh Adam would be maaaaddddd)

I was explaining to a friend via email today that I thought a thought yesterday which was a little frightening. You see while I was on the whole infertility train I wanted a baby, I would often dream of a baby, little baby clothes and such. I even thought about a toddler, and how I would have little piggy tails or miniature Green Bay baseball caps in my future. Then yesterday I went and thought (something I need to be careful of) and I realized that this baby will one day be a 10 year old, and then a surly teenager and a mootching university student. I needed a moment to readjust the focus in my eyes and I kinda freaked out and it dawned on me. I'm going to be a parent, not just a mama, but a parent. So, like I explained to Kim, I've been practicing my mom battle cries: "Close the fridge we're not cooling the world!" and "Shut the door, you weren't born in a barn!"* You know the classics that were all yelled at us, or was that just me? Anyhow grow Murp grow!

*In case Murp is born in a barn, I might need to change this one up a little bit.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 8/07/2007 9:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's better if you just don't think of them as grown up! hahahha I LOVE the name Murp, and the birth of the Murp name. Fraser had a good little chuckle over it too!
3 months! woo hoo!
One mantra that you SHOULD start practicing now though, is FOCUS. We used that one on Ian a lot. Like he would be breastfeeding and then want to watch the dog, so he would pull his head (and me!) in that direction. All I can say is ouch. So we would tell Ian to FOCUS on the task. *grin* Congrats, and have fun!

 
At 8/07/2007 1:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

First of all, I am so happy for you!

Secondly, I remember having those same thoughts when I was pregnant with the Moosh. I had a real craving for limeade all through my second trimester so I would stop at Sonic on the way to work. That particular Sonic was right next to a hockey rink where a bunch of high school hockey players practiced.

I remember sitting there watching those boys horse around, and I realized that one day my baby would be one of those boys... and it was such a shock to me. So I know exactly what you're talking about!

I'm glad you can drink water again... sending positive pregnancy vibes your way!

 
At 8/08/2007 7:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yup. I know what you mean. And those times will sneak up faster than you can avoid them... hee hee... enjoy every stage, Dea, cuz they go too quick

For instance... Can you believe that Boopy is gonna be in KINDERGARTEN next month?? Like, a real school!! I'm so scared.

I had the realization the other day that I'm going to be shopping for school clothes... school supplies... doing MOM things, not just snuggling my baby after she's done daycare... sigh...

Oh and yay for drinking water!! Since Murp is a lime now, I will have some tequila to celebrate this weekend... lol

 
At 8/23/2007 8:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Updates girl!! When do we get another update of you and Murp?!?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home