The Tweedles

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Yum Timbits!

Every week a get an update from Baby Center educating me about what's happening with the Murp and me. I generally find it really interesting, like last week my baby became a fetus, the Murp is no longer an embryo, which is really cool. However I find it really amusing or kinda disturbing (depending on how yeck I feel) that every week Baby Center tells me how big my baby is in relation to a piece of food.
At 5 weeks the Murp was the size of a sesame seed, at 6 weeks a small lentil bean, at 7 a raspberry, 8 a kidney bean, 9 a grape, 10 a kumquat and now a fig at 11 weeks. So I've wondered if the Murp continues with this rate of growth next week s/he would be the size of a chicken wing? And really how big is a fig? I think it's about the size of a Timbit*. Is my baby a Timbit? ('cause considering how much I love Tim Horton's there is a real possibility)
Hmmm Timbits....



*To all of my American friends, Tim Horton's is this really amazing donut/ coffee/ the best soup place ever in Canada. Their donut holes are called Timbits and are little pieces of heaven.

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 7/31/2007 1:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've actually had Timbits! I went to a training course in Ottawa once and the trainer brought Timbits for everyone the first day. I also had bagels from there the whole time I was in Ottawa.

Those BabyCenter emails never stop coming. Seriously. They have followed me to new email addresses. 4 years later I am still getting emails from BabyCenter (actually it's ParentCenter now because the Moosh is older, but still).

 
At 7/31/2007 5:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, later ones mention avocados and bananas. I think the most recent one for me was a banana. Now, an avocado I can picture, but a banana? Not remotely fetus-shaped.

 
At 8/02/2007 1:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well if the Murp is a Timbit that would explain the aversion to water. You can't drink WATER with Timbits, it's just not right!
hee hee

 
At 8/02/2007 4:03 PM, Blogger TweedleDea said...

hmmm Timbits.
I agree Michelle, I am more of a steeped tea girl myself, since I don't drink coffee. Or their peach juice. It's so obviously canned powered juice, and yet, washes down the Timbits perfectly!

 
At 8/02/2007 4:04 PM, Blogger TweedleDea said...

I mean I like their peach juice. sigh writing isn't going well for me lately.

 
At 8/02/2007 9:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Timbets and coffe go well together, but how can you compare "Murp" and a timbet when s/he is going to be my grand baby
Love mom

 
At 8/02/2007 10:56 PM, Blogger TweedleDea said...

mom, it's a joke.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home