The Tweedles

Saturday, July 07, 2007

Hey guess what?

I'm finally pregnant!
YAY!
I thought that this would be the best way to tell the rest of the world. And by world I mean my readers, and by readers, I mean reader, as there only seems to be one.
In any case, YAY!
Apparently poking oneself in the belly nightly for 3 weeks, then getting the most invasive type of insemination, taking a multitude of drugs everyday to stabilize the wonky reproductive system and crossing every crossable body part is all it took! (good to know for next time!)
The estimated due date is sometime in February, (in the middle, and we're really hoping for a non-valentines baby), so I am 2 months pregnant now. I understand that it's early to be announcing anything, but geeze people, I've held off this long! Besides if anything were to go wrong it's not like I wouldn't have written about it here!
So right now we're calling he/she Murp. I came up with that from the first ultrasound where Murp wasn't more than a lump of conception, and I tried to say blob and blip at the same time as I was gasping and thus Murp was christened.
We will find out the gender as soon as we can.
We already have names picked out, but we're keeping them secret. (I have to be able to surprise you all with something, but don't worry they are really good names. After all I am really good at picking names, I mean Bonsai, Chachi? The best pet names for those pets!)
I don't have any morning sickness yet, although I am bracing myself. I get carsick even easier, which I didn't think was possible, but it is! I was having nasty bouts of dizziness which prompted the doctors to worry that it was eptopic, but alas, it was not.
Oh there is only one baby. After all I did have 5 eggs this cycle.
I have no desire to eat, and I finally understand how Adam feels all of the time. (He gets hungry but has no appetite, just a hungry feeling) When I do eat I can't stomach meat well, or any animal product, I only want veggies. I can have a little meat, but a whole meat entree leaves me feeling like super crap. I try to avoid that. Milk is gross to me, unless it's on a frosted cereal, or I put chocolate in it. I don't want ice cream, which is terrible because I love ice cream! I do love popscicles though! (A good byproduct of this is that I've managed to lose 5 pounds!)
I am peeing a lot, and it's irritating. I am very sleepy, last night I slept for 10 hours, and was up for 3 and needed a nap. Sometimes if I am sitting on the couch watching TV I'll just fall asleep, then I'll wake up an hour later, totally confused.
I am hungry, without fail every 2-3 hours, and yet I can't figure out what I really want to eat.
I'm getting weird heart palpataions, but after talking to several doctors and 2 advise nurses, seeing a doctor and getting an EKG, it's a normal pregnancy thing. They aren't painful, just weird.
Hmm I think that's it.
I'm sorry this is so jumbly, but I've been keeping it in for the past 6 weeks! Sigh.
So here's hoping I don't get morning sickness, and that Jamba Juice moves in next door, becasue I really like it.
YAY!

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 7/07/2007 10:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! That is so awesome.

I am also pregnant right now. Due in December.

I'm going to be staying in a motel in Palo Alto the next couple of weeks. I don't know if you and Adam are pissed off with me (mostly for dropping communication for a couple of years) but if not we can find a Jamba juice somewhere.

 
At 7/07/2007 11:26 PM, Blogger TweedleDea said...

Hey! Congrats to you too! You're in Palo Alto now? For how long? I'm going to Calgary on Monday, and Adam leaves on Friday, but we'll both be back on the 17th. You can email either of us, we're not mad. (Adam doesn't get angry, as you know, and I don't know you to get angry!) Anyhow it would be cool to meet you!
cheers,
Deadra

 
At 7/08/2007 10:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I get in tonight and leave on the 21st. Does Adam's utoronto e-mail still work? That's all I have for him.

 
At 7/08/2007 1:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY!!!!! YAY!!!! You guys are going to be awesome parents. Argh, I knew you were going to get pregnant when you told me about all your follicles a few weeks ago and I've been meaning to ask you but you know how things are.

Crazy!

I am so excited for you!!!!

 
At 7/08/2007 3:14 PM, Blogger Regan said...

such great news! a thousand congratulations!

 
At 7/09/2007 7:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tee hee
I know we already talked, and you know how happy I am for you.

YAY baby! Sending positive thoughts and lots of love, Dea :)

 
At 7/09/2007 3:47 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

YEEPEEEEEEE
The tiredness will go and then you will not be able to sleep (at least that is what happened to me). You can pee more often so know where all bathrooms are at all times. I am sure I have more advice just can't think of it at this time. I am so happy for both of you.
Monica

 

Post a Comment

<< Home