The Tweedles

Saturday, August 04, 2007

Oh Expensive Day.

It's been no secret that we've been on the great couch hunt. We had a few prerequisites: it needed to be leather, comfy, attractive, within our budget and black or brown. I was adamant that it not be Ikea, but Adam liked the Ikea best. Sigh. So on one of my Internet poking aroundings I found a couch which suited most of our requirements. Then today Adam and I went to go and see the couch, and it was nice, really modest design, simple, decent leather and not Ikea but still in our price range, which is dismally Ikea-ish. Unfortunately they weren't able to deliver until the 14th, which was not good for us. So we went to several other places and they had nothing we liked. Finally we went to the last place, and they had a lovely sofa, which was a rich shade of brown, very sleek, no overly poofy cushions, and nice leather. The down side is it came in a set with a reclining chair and an storage ottoman, we only wanted the sofa. I explained this to the sales guy who said it would be okay, and quoted us a price, I responded by asking if there were going to be any sales and he said maybe and he'd have to check. When he came back he said that there weren't really any sales. However I was determined to get the couch, which was slightly out of our pre-determined price range, so I explained this to the guy that we had found something very similar for a lower price. He became much more eagar to talk about a better price. So he hurried off to talk to his manager, and we made the mistake of sitting in the reclining chair, which was so cozy. When the sales guy came back I joked an commented that Adam was selling himself on the chair, so he said that he would be able to get us a really good deal on all three of the pieces if we got them all. I gave him the go ahead to see what he could do, meanwhile Adam and I talked about what would be our threshold price, and when he came back he was well below it. We accepted and it's being delivered on Tuesday!


*so every time I say we, I mean me....

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 8/04/2007 10:09 PM, Blogger Regan said...

can I ask what stores you went to?

 
At 8/13/2007 4:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

where are the couch pictures??? I need to see some pictures of your new beautiful furniture so that I can live vicariously through you.
Our couch now has rips in the upholestry (hmm, does that word really have the word HOLE in it? I'm not sure) and we need a new one badly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home