The Tweedles

Friday, July 07, 2006

I've come down with...

a new illness, called "The California". It's made me do strange things. I buy organic food. I want to be outside more. I *gulp* am going to start yoga tomorrow!
It's horrible I know. I think I have a really severe case of it too. Fortunately, Adam seems to be unaffected by "The California". He still is interested in eating nothing but meat, with beer to wash it down. He's not at all interested in yoga, and he has no desire to consume veggies, especially organic ones. So we're happy that he has managed live another day sans "The California".
I am not sure exactly what treatment I should look into. I think that I might be too far gone. I am sure that I am afflicted with the worst type of "The California", I think I have the "Silicon Valley Housewife" strain. You can identify these sufferers by their incessant need to take classes and try to occupy themselves outside of the house because they are not used to not working. I have these symptoms: I am taking ceramic classes 2 times a week. I am going to start taking rock climbing classes, I see my trainer 3-4 times a week, and now the yoga. I also wouldn't mind some racquet ball, squash or tennis lessons either.
Hopefully "The California" isn't fatal; it just is bizarre, so please bear with me. I have read that some of my more painful effects can be staved off with frequent visits from some of the hometowners; they can help the sufferer remember what it was like before "The California".
So please, come and visit me, come often. We have a lovely spare room and I am sure that one of the pets would be more than happy to cuddle with you.....

5 Comments:

At 7/07/2006 11:17 AM, Blogger Ze Ace said...

I'm pretty sure I have a strain known as "silicon valley techie". It's characterized by an incessant need to know what all new technology being created will be, and then driving past the offices they're being built in wondering:
1. When will they go bankrupt. 2. Will their technology destroy my job.
3. Would it be cool to work there. And how can I get a job there.
4. Who will try to outbid Google to buy them.

I know this is an illness as there's an odd dicotomy there. Those 4 thoughts aren't even consitent with each other, never mind do they make sense to describe the same thing. And yet they describe everything here...

Anyway, I hope it isn't fatal.

 
At 7/08/2006 12:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd like to be infected like that. "The California" hasn't seemed to have had an effect here on the eastcoast. "The Rhode Island" however, is in FULL swing here. Symptoms are: sluggish behavior where driving anywhere greater than 20 min. is TOO FAH (Too far), a diet high in processed Carbs from the 16 Dunkin' Donuts located on 1 block. The most obvious sign of infection is a speech impediment causing the victim to drop the "r's" in words and put them in words with none to begin with. A nasty affliction

Jenny

 
At 7/10/2006 1:26 PM, Blogger Lisa C. said...

Yeah, Dea. Your house is soon to be overrun by the latest in California gadgetry... then you'll have to take classes on home organization and stuff like that. Material things will takeover your life, and soon you will start looking into plastic surgery and priceless Ming vases. Only then will you be able to say that you have been assimilated into "The California."

 
At 7/10/2006 1:27 PM, Blogger Lisa C. said...

Resistance is futile!

 
At 7/10/2006 1:27 PM, Blogger Lisa C. said...

SUBMIT!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home