The Tweedles

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Cookin' with Tweedle Dea

Yesterday I made a really lovely fruit salad, I thought I would share it with you all.
I mixed together a bunch of ripe fruit
I used watermelon, blueberries, raspberries, strawberries and peaches
(I love Caifornia for all of the produce)
then I made a cup of mint tea,
then I made a simple syrup out of the tea- ie really really really sweet tea
then I poured about a cup of white wine over the fruit
and the syrup
and squeezed 2 oranges over it all.
I mixed it and let it sit in the fridge for a couple hours
and consume
it gets to be like a soup, but the fruit isn't all broken down there is just a lot of liguid, I just used a slotted spoon, but the liquid, it's so good. I love how the mint works with it all, and you can taste the wine. If anything I wouldn't have used so much sugar. But so so so good....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home