The Tweedles

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Canada Day in Yankee Land

Except I am in a more southern state so I guess it's not so Yankee, but since I am Canadian and we call all Americans Yankees, here we are.
It was strange that yesterday passed with no pomp and circumstance. It was all quiet and not festive. I know I have been overseas before for Canada Day but there was still a to-do with all of the Canucks around. Yesterday? Na-da. We went to a poker tournie and I lost and Adam did well, but no YAY HAPPY CANADA DAY! It was disheartening.
I got over it.
I vow to not get all caught up in the festivities on Tuesday, but we have to go and see the fireworks, and I will quietly dedicate them to Canada.

1 Comments:

At 7/04/2006 8:33 AM, Blogger Gabrielle said...

I think I called you on Canada day but you were sleeping……..it was a great day, did you know that my Dad’s birthday is on Canada day…he was 90 this year just in case you are interested…….!!!!!!!!!
again if you are interested. this is a picture of my Dad[ sitting and my aunty next to him and my uncle standing.....well so much for that idea...cannot seem to get the picture in to this post for you today, so just imagen 3 older people sitiing to have their picture taken........LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home