The Tweedles

Saturday, March 25, 2006

Headwind

Hey all,

So for the last few weeks I've been taking the light rail train to work. I ride my bike about 8 blocks to the train and then a couple of blocks from the other end. It works pretty well and as long as I pay attention to the train schedule it's only about 45 minutes.

Yesterday, though, Dea and I slept in a little late, and before I knew it the train was on mid-day schedule: 30 minutes between trains. And I was just barely not going to catch the next train. So I decided to ride to work. About a week ago I was riding to the station and decided it was a nice day so I rode past the station and straight to work. It took a little over an hour. It was great.

Yesterday, though, The Headwind. I turned the ride from a pleasant "Isn't California great" moment to a gruelling torture that refused to end. And the rain clouds started forming.

The worst insult: I got passed by the train about 5 minutes before I got to work..

Oh well, I suppose it was still good for me. But I took the train home :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home