The Tweedles

Monday, March 20, 2006

Priceless

Roll of paper towels-- $1.99
Oxy Clean-- $10.99
Puppy who won't use his Wee-Wee pads $850
Time spent scrubbing dog pee out of light beige carpets with your husband-- PRICELESS!

So Chachi will not pee in his box, well he will when I sit there and watch him, but left to his own devices he pees and poos everywhere else. Seriously, EVERYWHERE. So we thought that we would try some tricks: if we caught him doing the deed outside of his box we would use his gates to lock him next to his box, which would leave him less than a square foot of non box floor. Sir Pees-a-lot still managed to crap on the floor. So then we thought we would reward him with more than kisses and cuddles when he peed in his box, it kinda works, but really his "treat" has a really high calorie count, which makes him crazy hyper, so it's not best for the 3am pee time. We tried just locking him in the dining room where his box is, but he still refuses to use it at all. The only thing I find that works is if I spend every minute of his awake like with him. Oh yeah, and when he is sleeping if I am in the house, he must be sleeping on me or he doesn't sleep. So that means I need a Baby Bjorn for my puppy. Which I have found by the way, but I WILL NOT BUY. I am not going to be THAT puppy owner. Although we did buy him a jacket and a sweater today. But Internet, when you see him shiver it breaks your heart, and we are going to be going home next month and it's cold up there!!! And he is so cute in his jacket and sweater!

Moving on....
It seems that weekends in Casa Berkan is money spending time. Today we went to get my ring sized, as it was far too big, for the record my ring finger is a size 5 and 3 fourths. We also went to get me some runners, Adam a jacket and some crafty stuff for my classes. We also went to the Farmer's Market in Mountain View, and the best Korean Market I have been to outside of Korea. I don't think it's natural that I was that excited to be in a store.
Anyhow we also managed to get some stuff that wasn't on our list, like puppy clothes, and I got a skort to go biking in. Yes a skort. It has biking shorts built in, and oddly enough this arrangement was the nicest that I tried on. So it was a mildly expensive day. Not too bad though, there have been far more expensive weekends for sure. The long range expense of this weekend may come back and bite us though. We were looking at road bikes, mostly because my bike is a full on mountain bike and it sucks to ride it on the street, and Adam's bike may not last another season, so we both need some. Unfortunatly I am a short stack, (ha) so it's hard to find bikes to fit me, although we may have found one, it's an extra small. Yes Internet, I'm an extra small, and don't forget it! I may have to refer back to my extra small status at a later period.... Back to our regularily scheduled blog... Bikes, there is also a great sale on at REI which is like MEC at home, where you get to choose one item and get 20% off, and the bike I fit (being an extra small and all) is $1100, so you do the math, it's a good deal. I'm excited! Now to get the vehicle which holds 4 bikes, 2 adults, a dog and a cat, and maybe soon some other precious cargo-ey things....
At the Korean market I found Hite and Cass beer, which is quite possibly some of the nastiest beer ever, but I thought that Adam needed to experience Korean beer. We also found soju, and it's wasn't crazy expensive. Adam also tried that. I think he is wondering how my liver didn't fall out while I was there. Training my dear husband, years and years of training. Drinking nasty keg beer in rugby for several years helped me to build a protective layer in my liver which ultimately protected me from the really nasty stuff in the really cheap booze I drank there. Hey, no one said that the American Army boys who were buying my drinks were extravagant, but they did know how to get a girl's party on! (yes I said party on, as in they got her party on, so they could get her panties off, there were some fustrated boys left in Korea!)

Well on that note I should include a disclaimer,
Dear Reader, (whomever you are, parent, friend, stranger)
Anything I write here can be construed in many ways, to protect the innocent (uhh me) please assume the most innocent way, which was what I truly meant. And oh yeah, you are not allowed to get mad at me for anything you read here, and you can't use any of this against me later, or ever. (That last bit was to protect me later incase I ever write something that can bite me....)

Well it's almost 2 am and I should go and sleep... I'm getting some sleepy eyes.

Ciao bellas and non-bellas (casue I don't know the male version)

Oh yeah if you have any potty tips for the puppy leave a comment, heck leave a comment anyhow I'm starting to get a complex with all of the 0 comments I have.

1 Comments:

At 3/22/2006 9:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

an actual quote from one of your previous posts:

"he's not so fond of pooing in the box, but he'll learn"

Interesting. Foreshadowing, no?

hee

 

Post a Comment

<< Home