The Tweedles

Saturday, March 25, 2006

It's Tea-Tastic

Last night Adam and I went for dinner at this yummy Thai restaurant. Then on the way home we stopped at the local neighbourhood funky Asian store and bought a plethora of tea. Right now I am drinking some bizarre energy tea, and I am in the process of making some Thai iced tea. Today is Tea-Day! Those of you that knew me when I was younger will remember how I loved to collect things. Dolls, masks, soap, well now they are all packed away and I would like to project the image that I don't collect anymore, but I do. I have a whole cupboard devoted to tea. I have a couple boxes of various green teas, including a strawberry green tea that I bought last week, I have lots of herbal teas and lots of black teas. I can make Chai tea, various types of iced tea, and standard hot tea. There isn't anything that I can't make. To compliment the tea collection, I have different kinds of honey and sugar for the tea. Also now I have different kinds of milk. For Thai iced tea, you need condensed milk, but to lower calories I am going to use evaporated milk. And just for fun, I'll have a plain ol' cup of black tea with brown sugar and evaporated milk just like my grandpa did.
Are you ready for a dog update???
Oh good.
So Chachi is getting wise to the pee in the box and get a treat. So this morning at 4:30 am I took him to his box, and he peed, all groggy, then came out of the box and looked at his treat sitting on the chair, and waited for it. So I gave it to him, even though it makes him hyper. I guess he was too tired cause when we got back to bed he curled up and went to bed. Later when we got up Adam took him to go to his box and he went pee, and left his box and went to Adam for his treat. Which he got. Then he went back to the box and pooed, and then went to Adam for another treat. Little Buggar! He's learned that if he is near us he gets a treat if he goes in the box, however if we are not near him he doesn't get a treat, so he can pee anywhere.
And a little secret, I like it better when he poos on the carpet than pees on the carpet, a poo is a lot easier to clean! Although I will prefer him to only use his box, and I won't give up on training him.
When he is in the office with us he tends to pee and poo anywhere, and we can't really get mad at him casue we have this part of the house blocked off so that he can't get in here when we aren't here. We have to carry him in here; which means when he is in here he can't get out. I broke down and put a wee wee pad in here so that he doesn't go on the carpet. I am sure that I shouldn't have, but the apartment place has $1800 as security, I want it back!
Well I should go and check my tea situation, and I am going to wrangle Adam to write a post.
Cheerio!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home