The Tweedles

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Mishmash.

To keep myself busy I am taking some classes. They aren't anything really spectacular, a ceramics class and a drawing class. I really like the ceramics class, I enjoy being creative in the 3rd dimention. The drawing class, not so much, so far it makes me want to poke my eyeballs out. The teacher is more concerned with teaching Art History than the actual act of drawing. It's painfully dull. Not that Art History doesn't have its merits, but when you're not expecting it, you will want to poke your eyeballs out. Funny thing though, although I have been out of uni for 5 years now, I still had the urge to write copious amounts of notes... sigh I guess once it's in your blood it's always in your blood. Eventually we did get to draw something, ohhh Internet I got to draw boxes, oh the excitement. Now when are they bringing in the hot naked guy?
Speaking of hot guys, well not hot, and not so much a guy, more of a wrinkly old guy, the little grandpa sitting next to me in the class was bragging to his friend about his 'Lady Friend'. Apparently she is "quite the looker", oh and Gramps, he's married. So I guess the dog movement isn't sequestered to gen X only. Men.
The girl who sits next to me in my ceramics class is really cool and her and I have a lot in common besides having spare time in the middle of the weekday and not being eligible for social security, she is planning a wedding, she likes to ski and bike and well she's cool. We were talking about Google and that is where her and her fiancee are employed (she's on a hiatus). I was bound to meet a Googler eventually, and it's a good contact, good for Adam. And I want to befriend her because she's cool not just casue she has a great job.
Yesterday in the gym I got the weigh in and mesurement. Rar! Makes me want to punch something. I haven't lost weight, but I have lost a half inch from my bicept, a quarter inch from my forearm, a half inch from my neck, a inch from my waist, an inch and a half from my hips, a half inch from my thighs and claves, and I think a half inch from the boobs. BUT I HAVNE'T LOST ANY WEIGHT! Sigh. C'est la vie. I know that I have gained muscle, and I know that I need to do more cardio, but unless I am going to the gym to have my session, I always come up with an excuse not to go downstairs and sweat. My excuse tonight? You're it! I haven't updated in a couple days, and I have to keep updating if I want to establish a readership.... Yes Internet you are my excuse! You are the reason that my ass is all large and in charge. I hope you can still sleep at night!
So as I was saying I was in the gym, and I always have a great time with my trainer; I thought that I would share with you some of the comments heard in the gym yesterday.
"...yeah I haven't seen you in a while either, I've been away, it's strange it's like this is my second home..." (I wanted to pull this Barbie's hair, she was way to squeeky)
"...I like my new runners, they are comfy, and they are so cute, and that's important also...." The muscle head across the room fully rolled his eyes at this, to which I replied;
"Well it's a girl thing...!" After all it was me gushing about my cute shoes. Then I heard it in my head and questioned if the water was starting to get to me here, at least I didn't call them "Tennies"!
Adam and I are finishing up the invitations, but I bought this lovely paper and when you print on it, you need to leave it sit for about 5 hours to dry, so I hope you all like them!!! I knew I should have just sent little valentines ones! I really like these ones too, and they are a lot cheaper than some of the ones that we could have ordered. Becasue we went this way and didn't have the Pavillion make them for us, we get the have the chocolate fountain at the reception... yummy.
Well I think that covers it, I should go and clean the remnants of dinner, we had roasted tomatoe meat sauce, and I made brownies and banana bread. I am getting really domesticated, and my husband/ fiancee is rather spoiled!!!
Have a lovely day all,
and I have a website you should check out
kimculbert.com
she rocks!

1 Comments:

At 3/24/2006 10:33 PM, Blogger TweedleDea said...

HI Cletus...
and the running commentary... you SO should hear what's always going on in my head... it keeps me in giggles.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home