The Tweedles

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Back on the wagon...

As I changed my status on facebook today I realized that not everyone will have any clue what I mean when I wrote that I feel like I've been punched in the uterus. Today I went into the hospital for a fallopian tube recanalization, which is why I am a little on the achy side of things.
Just before Trixie was conceived I had another procedure which checked out the fallopian tubes and we found out that one was blocked and we had planned to get it fixed, but then were fortunate enough to get pregnant. So now the baby is here and now is a great time to start thinking about a sibling for Trixie so we're starting all of the fertility treatments and procedures again.
The procedure today was okay. I was given some interesting drugs which really relaxed me and left me awake for the doctors, but I don't remember much. I recall him telling me that my tube was still blocked, then I was told to shift positions, there was talk of some scarring and then it was all done. I went into the room thinking that I would ask a lot of questions, but apparently the drugs were too good! (hmm the doctors might want to drug me up more since I am sure I ask too many questions, hee hee.) After I napped a little in the recovery area the nurse told me that it was successful and they were able to unblock my tube. (I guess that is why they wanted me to tip on one side, they wanted to help the stuff drain into my tube.) I asked Adam later, since the doctor talked to him and he was told that everything went well I have 2 clear tubes. He did mention that I had some scarring in my uterus, which may be from my c-section. Hopefully it isn't anything serious, but this doctor was going to mention it to my regular infertility doctor.
So that's it. We're back on the infertility wagon, hoping to give Trixie a sibling sometime next year. We have talked about this to some people and I've been regaled with stories about "that woman" who conceived naturally after infertility problems. I wonder if she's related to "this woman I know who went on a vacation and got pregnant". Perhaps there are whole gangs of "those women".
I want to kick them in the shins!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 7/23/2008 9:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home