The Tweedles

Friday, November 16, 2007

Baby Update.

I haven't talked about the baby in a while so I thought I should mention some of the new developments.
This week she's about the length of a cucumber according to Baby Centre. She's close to 2 pounds, starting to gain lots of weight and beginning some serious brain development.
To facilitate all of this I've been eating a lot more protein than I've ever eaten before and taking the cod liver oil to help her little brain grow. I've noticed that since I've really increased my protein intake she's become a lot more active. I've said before that she was very active and she was, then she settled down, still giving me a jab every couple hours, but lately she's been jabbing me every couple minutes.
When asked before I would describe the jabs as feeling like gas bubbles, but lately they feel more like my stomach is rolling, like it does right before you throw up. I guess she's higher up, but I still feel most of the pokes low. I do know that my placenta is high on the front and on the top, so that would be why I can't feel her up there.
I have been having lots of Braxton Hicks contractions. They don't hurt at all, but some are quite intense and it takes my breath away. On the topic of breath, I can feel that my lung capacity is about half. I find it disturbing, like I've become very unfit. It's a little demoralizing, but I know it's temporary.
Physically I look pregnant, but no cute little basketball bellies here. I feel like a weeble, or even a barrel with legs. I can only wear whole panel maternity pants, since the half panel ones cut into me. I am even growing out of all of my yoga style pants, which is really upsetting because that means I have a rotation of 3 pair of pants, which includes one pair of jeans. I'm leery to go and buy a lot of clothes since I'll only need them for a couple more months, but I do need more.
I think I'm lucky that I haven't been plagued by the mask of pregnancy that some woman get. Since I am so fair I don't have enough melanin to make the mask, so hooray! The skin on my face is much the way it's always been, but the skin on my chest and shoulders is that of a teenager, and it's disturbing. I'm hoping that this too shall pass.
I know that there have been requests for pictures, but I just don't feel like taking one. Sorry.
Eating is still a challenge, I haven't gotten my appetite back from the first trimester, although I don't have aversions, I just don't want to eat. Most days I have to force feed myself since thinking about food is revolting. Especially meat and protein stuff, I wish I could live on fruit, since it's all that I generally want. But I would rather choke down protein than get pre-eclampsia.
I still can't get comfortable when I sleep and the maternity pillow doesn't help since I don't use it. Our bed just isn't big enough for me, Adam, a cat and dog and a large person sized pillow. I'm learning how to sleep on my back, and I've noticed that I often wake on my stomach, I guess everything just shifts back.
So that's about it. I officially can't wait for the middle of February, but I think I might enjoy this trimester more since there is more interaction with the baby.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 11/18/2007 9:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also had no appetite during pregnancy. My morning sickness lasted for 20 weeks, and even after it (finally!) subsided, I wasn't hungry.

I think the brewer's diet is great, and I'm not trying to deter you from it at all, but I wasn't able to eat much protein at all during my pregnancy with the Moosh, and he turned out OK. :) But keep up with the diet for sure, it is definitely good for you and for her!!

 
At 11/18/2007 11:31 PM, Blogger TweedleDea said...

Hi Lisa thanks!
I can't eat that much protein in a day. It's so hard. If I eat that much I can't eat anything else and I have this suspicion that the baby needs other nutrients too. So I have to do a modified version, which means lots of protein, more than I've ever eaten in my life before, but also lots of fresh fruit and veg, which is normal. Mostly I'm cutting back on anything sugar, so if I want something I'll have a glass of milk or something else proteiny.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home