The Tweedles

Thursday, October 18, 2007

We will take a break...

...from our regularly scheduled mumblings to talk about shoes.
When I was working in a bank I put a lot of thought into my outfits everyday and made an effort to wear a different pair of shoes everyday. (in order to prevent any of them getting jealous....) Now that I'm not working I don't often find a reason to wear my mary jane heels, or my cute little heeled ankle boots, or my lovely purple faux snakeskin heels (which made all of the older ladies at the branches look at me and wonder if I was weird). Now I live in flip flops or my Sketchers which are getting old and should be retired. I look at my "work shoes" getting dusty in the closet wondering what their fate will be, since I don't see myself pushing a stroller while wearing my cute strappy green and blue sandals with a little kitten heel. I feel it's time for me to move onto some more practical shoes. While I love my fuchsia flats they haven't seen pavement in nearly 2 years, since they are meant to be worn with nylons and not socks, and in my life now, nylons aren't even considered.
So here I am, a former shoe-a-holic wondering what to do. While I have slowly and carefully weaned myself off of buying new shoes on a weekly basis, I still love them, and right now actually need some practical, yet cute shoes, I'm at a loss.
What is this practical I mention? I think I have bought myself 2 pairs of practical shoes in my whole life. Just before I went to Korea, and just before I went to England. Yet here I am desiring practical shoes. So I went looking. I went online to Zappos and looked around. Oddly enough everything that appealed to me were mary janes. Here I am 30 years old and coveting mary janes, but they're so damned cute!
I will forge on to find the perfect shoes. In the process I may have to buy several pairs. All in the name of research.
That's right, I'll take one for the team!
I'll let you know how it goes....

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 10/22/2007 10:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

...any updates?... pics??....
c'mon, the rest of us with shoe obsessions are DYING to know.

Oh, and I have a perfect idea as to what you should do with the now-dusty "work shoes". I have the same sized feets as you. And I'm still working at said bank. Also, I would love them, and wear them all :) Just not all at once :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home