The Tweedles

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Deadra for President!

And I'll wear a bright and shiny pin! Just to distract everyone so that they don't have to listen to what I say. They'll all be mesmerized by my shiney that I will be able to go ahead and make the United States America the 11th province. (or really, it should be a territory....)
Okay all kidding aside, I can't believe that there is still a debate over Barack Obama's choice to not wear an American Flag lapel pin.
I'm sure you've all heard the story, he stopped wearing the pin after 9/11 claiming that he'd show is patriotism through acts not jewelry. He said this over a week ago. And yet there is still an uproar about it. I saw something with Ann Coulter blabbing about how he's wrong, but I can't find that link right now. But in any case, I don't like that woman, and disagree with her vehemently on so many issues.
I really don't understand why it's an issue. I wonder if it is because I am so liberal, or because I am Canadian and this wouldn't be an issue at home. (perhaps it's because I'm a liberal Canadian) Anyhow there are much more important things to be debated rather than the jewelry choices of a candidate.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home