The Tweedles

Friday, October 12, 2007

She's sucking me dry.

I have been delinquent in my posting. You'll survive, with time and counselling.
Seriously though, I don't have many of the creative juices flowing right now. I think she's using them all up to grow or something. I haven't been to my ceramics class in 3 weeks because I have no clue what I want to make.
Anyhow some housekeeping, baby style.
I wanted to talk about how I've felt her move, since I don't have a paper journal and I should record this in some manner.
In all of the research I'd read that I wouldn't feel her move until well into my 2nd trimester because, basically I wouldn't recognize the feeling. Also the additional "padding" would also prevent me from feeling much, which I don't understand because you feel it from the inside.
Anyhow I felt her in my 12th week. Adam and I were waiting for a table at IHOP and I felt this solid THUNK low in my pelvis. I knew it wasn't a gas bubble because it was in the wrong spot, and it couldn't have been anything else. I was shocked because I didn't feel any flutters, just a solid whack, courtesy of my gentle baby. It was like she took a running start and headbutted me, which is all I can deduce that she did since she was still only a couple ounces at that point.
After that initial "meeting" she let herself be known frequently, and always with a solid THWACK, I never felt the gentle flutters that I see people talking about. (on message boards) Finally I did feel a flutter, I think it was her rolling around, which I had seen her do a lot on my ultrasounds. It felt like she was doing barrel rolls, and really none too gently if I was feeling them when she was so small, they were always accompanied by a whack. At this time Adam and I joke that she floats like a butterfly and kicks like a donkey. (ahh my baby, a delicate flower)
Recently, at the end of my 19th week I felt her heartbeat. I am positive it was hers because it was twice as fast as mine, and localized, so it wasn't the hiccups. I felt it around the middle of my uterus on the side. It was a faint sensation, and I was able to compare it to mine and they weren't the same. I have never read about anyone feeling their baby's heartbeat, but I am sure that was it. I've heard it and seen it so I know the rhythm of it, which was this. I attribute it to my ability to be really aware of my body, which comes from years of beating the crap out of myself, I mean rugby.
And now yesterday (end of 21st week), I felt strange kicks, like she was kicking everywhere all at once. Then I realized that they were hiccups, and they felt like little explosions in my uterus.
She does have a personality, and I fear that she is going to be a handful. She does not like it when I spend anytime even close to lying on my stomach. I tend to sleep on my side now, but leaning forwards, with my knee way up to stop myself from fully laying on her. She still kicks the spot that is on the bed, mercilessly. So I am unable to really sleep well, which is slowing killing me I'm sure. (only 19 more weeks of no sleep, oh wait....)
In any case it's not like I can return her for a quieter model, so she better be cute!

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 10/12/2007 11:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mine also likes to kick the bed. Odd.

 
At 10/13/2007 10:10 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Seriously Deadra, you being a momma in training is the cutest thing ever. Lots of hugs and love to you and your family.

-- Christine, Your Ex-Peer Counselor Buddy :P

 
At 10/14/2007 9:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha, the Moosh used to do the exact same thing. He hated it when I lay on my side and he would kick and kick and kick until I turned over, and then he was happy until he realized that I was lying on my side AGAIN and then he would kick some more.

 
At 10/22/2007 12:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's the fun stuff that makes me miss being pregnant. I loved it. I hope you continue enjoying it :)

Yay Murp

 

Post a Comment

<< Home