The Tweedles

Monday, October 01, 2007

Oh this is a doozy.

We had an ultrasound today to check up on the Murp and make sure that her heart is okay, as there was a small chance that she would have inherited Adam's funky heart issue that nearly killed him as a baby. But as luck would have it she has my nose and a healthy heart, both of which we're very happy about.
So the pink elephant in the room is that I'm calling the Murp a she. Oh yes, apparently our little boy is a girl. There was a distinct lack of a penis today, and both the ultrasound tech and the doctor checked, multiple times, and no penis. I don't know what happened to it. I'm pretty sure security is tight so no scissors were admitted without my approval, which only leaves us thinking that perhaps a loop of umbilical cord posed as a penis. (very convincingly, I might add)
I was a little shocked to say the least. I've spent the last month bonding with my baby boy, and the switch to a girl is strange. However before the 16 week ultrasound I was convinced that we were having a girl and was shocked then when I was told she was a he. So I was right, technology be damned. (don't tell Adam I said that, he loves his technology)
So to be official Murp is a girl! Her heart is healthy, she won't have cystic fibrosis and the other genetic screens were clear, and most importantly she has my nose!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 10/01/2007 7:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG Murp!! That's awesome. I knew you'd be having a girl. YAY!!

silly technology. mama's intuition wins :)

 
At 10/01/2007 10:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay, a baby girl!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home