The Tweedles

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

"How much is that baby in the window?"

As you all know I have never been quiet about the issues Adam and I had to get pregnant. Luckily for Adam, it was all me. I had the issues and it really and truly sucked, as much as I laughed about it, making jokes how I could feel the needles catch on my skin as I pulled them out of my belly; the whole ordeal sucked. Every time I found out that a cycle didn't work I would be devastated. Then every time one of my friends had a baby I would be a wreck for a week or so. As much as I was elated for them, I was devastated and imagined a life of needles and more failed attempts, because I knew I would not give up. Anyhow fast forward to now and I am 18 and a bit weeks pregnant. I still have anxiety that something will happen and I won't end up with a baby in my arms. I get really anxious when I haven't felt him move for a couple days, although I know it's normal. (I have never claimed to have rational feelings about any of this getting and being pregnant thing.) So here we are now. I'm pregnant, Adam has a great new job and we're looking at our options for insurance through his new employer. We can have the same insurance that we had at his old job, but it only covers 50% of infertility visits, procedures and drugs. From what I understand a visit to the clinic is $200, and when I am on the injectable drugs I need to go 2-3 times a week. Which is really really expensive if you have multiple failed cycles.
When Adam was telling me all of this I was really upset. It upsets me that I have to struggle to have a baby, and now we will have to pay so much to get pregnant. It's really not fair when I think of all of the people in this world, or even people who've I've encountered in my life who can just have a baby and not understand the importance of that baby. It's not fair.
Then to add insult to injury I read this article. I want those women to be grateful for what they have been blessed with.

Anyhow just something on my mind.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 9/19/2007 6:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay Murp :)
Dea, you're going to be a great mama.

That article made me almost cry, I was so angry!! I want to slap them both. "oh the pain and agony of having twins when I only asked for one".. shut the hell up.
sigh.

Love ya Dea

 

Post a Comment

<< Home