The Tweedles

Friday, October 12, 2007

NaNoWriMo

I'm doing it again this year. Just to remind you what it is.... During the month of November you write a 50000 word novel. Really it's that simple. It has to be one that you start in November, as in you can't work on something you've already started. You are allowed to have notes and an outline though.
Last year I did it, and nearly won*. I wasn't that short of 50K words, but I lost steam. I wrote about my time in Korea, but I did it all in the present tense, which was a lot more difficult that I anticipated, I was also taking 2 writing classes and doing NaBloPoMo**. This year I won't be taking the classes and I will have an outline. I plan to write a distopia, and I don't want to elbaorate further, I fear people stealing my ideas.
Anyhow so don't abandon me yet, I'll be here for all of November for NaBloPoMo, and I'll give you updates on NaNoWriMo, perhaps that will keep me more accountable.
Or I'll do like last year and post lots of You Tube videos.

*to win you need to write 50K words
**National Blog Posting Month

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home