The Tweedles

Saturday, January 06, 2007

A Recap in (Mostly) Incomplete Sentences.

A new beta blogger.
Comments aren't working.
Google makes all of blogger to the beta, now it's not beta.
I can't post.
The Blogger fix it guy, goes on holidays.
I can't post.
Christmas morning, errr, early afternoon, we unwrap our gifts to each other.
He gets underwear, p.js, socks, a video card, a clock and a book of maps.
I get a cool book, a cool game, and a camera case. Oh yes also an orange he wrapped.
sigh, I married a weiner.
The next day we went to Arizona, with the pets.
Chachi puked on the way to Palm Springs.
The toilet flooded in the hotel, and they didn't have another non-smoking room.
We plunged the toilet ourselves.
I did not clog it, I merely flushed some toilet paper, after blowing my nose.
The next day, we finish the drive to Arizona.
Chachi pukes two more times.
Bonsai roams the car like a psycho, leaving scratches on the leather.
We love our pets.
Arrive in Arizona, finally in Scotsdale.
It's raining in the desert.
Adam's parents are late.
We get our suite, it's muggy, but really nice.
Adam's parents get there, we have dinner.
I have salad, it's good.
We go back to the hotel room, and unwrap presents.
I get jeans and a top.
YAY.
Adam gets underwear, socks and a calender of maps. (Are you seeing a trend?)
We go to bed, Chachi has peed on it.
We call for new sheets, the arrive an hour later, they are for a double bed.
We have a king.
sigh.
The next day, shopping.
I get ballet flats, they are nice.
The next day we go to Taliesin West.
Frank Lloyd Wright is a crazy arrogant man, the tour guide lurves him.
Adam goes riding sand buggies in the desert, leaving me alone.
We go to the Grand Canyon.
It was a 12 hour bus ride from the hotel.
Long day.
Heard on the bus: "I can't believe that God would put such a big crack in the ground."
Said by me: "It's a big hole in the ground."
Adam's reply: "groan"
We drive back to Mountain View.
It took 14 hours.
Chachi didn't puke.
Bonsai was a little better.
He only punctured the leather once on the way back.
We tour a few houses and apartments.
We love one and kinda are okay with a few others.
Adam goes back to work.
We take Chachi to the vet.
He doesn't like the vet.
He gets his 'nads snipped on his birthday.
Poor puppy.
We find out that we get the house we want to rent.
It's cute, 4 bedrooms, lots of character, and nice landlords.
We're excited.
We're going to save $7200 on rent by moving.
I can buy a lot of shoes and books with that.
We'll save it to buy a house.
It's today.
Adam's watching football and I'm blogging.
The world is right again.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 1/18/2007 1:33 PM, Blogger Regan said...

ugh, so confused. Are you moving to Arizona? And if you aren't, how i the hell are you saving that much in rent here in the Bay Area?

 
At 1/18/2007 1:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Girl that sounds like a whirlwind of a vacation!! I'm glad you guys had fun and that's so exciting about your new place. I hope things go smoothly with the move. Did Chachi recover?

 
At 1/19/2007 10:23 AM, Blogger Gabrielle said...

great to have you back ....my morning coffee is not the same without you.....
wow what a busy trip you had sounds like you had a good time....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home