The Tweedles

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Mish Mash.

Blogger has a beta option now, so I've switched over. If you can't post a comment, that could be a reason, try signing up, or fidgeting with it, I have no clue how to fix it right now. I'll see what I can find out.

Milly is good. Which is yay. Last month when the RE was pokin' around he saw something bad, and apparently it sorted itself out, which is good, 'cause there was a lot of pain when the sorting was happening. The procedure, was uncomfortable. There was a moment of white hot pain, it wasn't localized, it was everywhere. Not fun at all. But I survived. Apparently my uterus doesn't like being filled up all at once, which makes sense, when one gets pregnant, it's gradual. Anyhow good news, but I'm not going to exhale yet, 'cause he couldn't really get a good view.

The rainy season started here. Arg, I don't like the rain. I think I prefer snow over rain. But I reserve the right to change my mind. The rain also makes for hellish driving conditions. Since the freeways are often at a standstill, especially on the ramps there is an oil accumulation, so when that gets wet, it's slick, slick, slick. Today on the way home, a car totally lost control right in front of me as he was exiting on to the freeway, off a ramp. I swerved, sharply into the other lane, and luckily it was empty. It's a little scary to think what would have happened if I couldn't have been able to swerve over. I was at highway speed, and the guy was speeding, shooting up the ramp like a banshee. When I saw him coming up I noticed that he was really speeding, and that at his speed he would merge before I got there, but then he lost control and nearly flipped. It looked like he was ricocheting off of thin air, in my lane, the merge lane, and almost into the fast lane. Crazy scary. He didn't roll, and I didn't hit him. Which is good, but scary. Adam warned me about how the roads can get slick here and I was thinking of it today when I was driving, so I was mindful of it. Apparently this guy wasn't. I wonder what would happen if it were to ever snow here. Oi, I will not leave my house!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 12/12/2006 10:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

harmurphs said.......

So Glad to hear that “Milly “ is good.
Sounds like it was not much fun, Good to know that everything looks fine.
Even if it was not the most pleasant thing you have had to do, let’s hope that will be the last of the uncomfortable things that you have to go though, for now anyway.

Good golly miss molly driving in your part of the world seems to be a bit hairy to say the least. I am not sure what I like better in the rain or in the snow, have driven in both and well I really don’t like either of them, actually its not that I don’t like it, its all the other idiots on the roads that cause the problems…….people just DO NOT KNOW HOW TO DRIVE……
I know you are a good driver so like I said it’s all the other idiots on the road……..people are always in such a hurry if only they would slow down and drive for the conditions that they are driving in it would be safer all around……..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home