The Tweedles

Monday, March 27, 2006

Casa De Berkan depandants

Today we took, Sir Squeeks-a-lot and Sir Poos-a-lot to the vet. Bonsai had to get his teeth cleaned and Chachi his 2nd puppy shots. I had to leave Bonsai there all day becasue they had to sedate him to clean his teeth. Overall the vet said he was healthy, and now he has pearly whites. He could be a movie star his teeth are so white. He does have an infection in his gums so I have to give him an anti-biotic 2X a day. Other than that he's doing great for a senior. The vet thinks that we should do blood work on him to make sure that everything is all good, and we are still undecided. He seems really healthy to me, but it's not really cheap. On the other hand, this would diagnose something in the early stages and would let him live longer, and can you really put a price on health? I know where I stand, and I am sure I know where Adam stands on it. So we will have to talk about it. But Bonsai is really healthy.... I might lose this descion.
Now Chachi, he is all full of piss and vinegar as per usual. He slept a lot of the afternoon, but that isn't always off for him. He is a sleepy puppy, but he is growing. He was a whole 1/2 a pound heavier, which makes him 2 1/2 pounds, in Canada that is a kilogram. Bonsai was actually down 2 pounds from his Canadian weight which is good, we had him on a diet, he was a little chubby and now he's the perfect weight.
In any case they are both good. Bonsai is his pre-puppy suck and a little drowsy, but he was sedated today so it's okay.
(Beware some mushy stuff)
I'm glad they are both ok. I really love them and I would be awfully sad if anything happened. I was really upset when the puppy was sick, and when they gave me the medication for Bonsai I paniced a little. "Why does he need medicine? He ONLY GOT HIS TEETH CLEANED!" They were all nice and told me why, and I calmed down, it's not like I freaked out, but I did feel the blood rush to my face (which was already red casue I was at the gym).
Well I am going to go and pack some dinners for Adam for when I am out of town.
g'bye!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home