The Tweedles

Monday, November 19, 2007

Apples!

Before I was pregnant I would get the most killer heartburn ever! I would often wake up in agonizing pain, chew/ choke on 4-5 tums to get it under control and go back to sleep. This went on forever. (I think it was related to all of the strange hormones I had in me.) After I got pregnant and my hormones lessened, yes lessened, the heartburn subsided and I was so happy. I was able to sleep for a whole night, with NO PAIN! Joy of joys!
Then I entered the second trimester, and oh the heart burn came back, slowly, then it was all out vicious again. I was back to my multi tums, multi times a night habit. By now I had perfected my tums chewing skills where I would barely taste them and swallow them without too much gagging. Then I learned that apples can help with heartburn. Plain ol' apples. So I tried, I ate one before I went to bed, and I 'slept' through the night without heartburn! (I quote slept because when you pee every hour and can't get comfy, sleeping is a joke.) But no heart burn. I have been heartburnless for nearly 2 weeks, just by eating apples.
I am amazed!
Really and truly. And my heartburn was so bad I would almost throw up from it.
I've never been a fan of apples, I guess growing up in an area where there is an apple orchard every block could do that, but now here I am loving the apple.
It's truly amazing!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home