The Tweedles

Monday, November 20, 2006

Save the Cashier, Save your Sanity.

(I really need to watch this show.)
Anyhow my post yesterday was sparked by a trip to Fry's (a local geek superstore). The lady at the cashier next to me was having a melt down because her card was declined. She demanded that the poor guy try it again, and when it was declined again, she went on and on how it's impossible that it was declined, she had just made a purchase. So she rummages in her wallet and throws another card at him, THROWS! He picked it up off of the counter, without giving her any attitude back and tells her that it was also declined. She immediately reaches a whole new level of bitchdom, telling him that his system is broken and that she made "a payment of over a hundred bucks, so it should work!" He tried again, and again declined, this time he turns a light on above his station, likely to call for a manager. At this time I mumble to Adam that some people are so rude, which I think she heard because I was the recipient of a venomous glare. I so wanted to step in and save the poor guy, but I think she would have freaked more. Anyhow she went on telling him that "there is no way that this card should be declined, I just put 150 bucks on it and this is only fifty bucks!" By this time our stuff was all bagged and we were bustin' out of there, trying to avoid the bad karma she was exuding.
It made me so angry, it wasn't that poor cashier's fault. sigh...
Lisa, over at Random Outlaw tells a story similar, yet different. Go and check her out, and say hi, she's cool ya know!

4 Comments:

At 11/21/2006 10:11 AM, Blogger Gabrielle said...

This has nothing to with the poor cashier who I feel very sorry for…..so next time you are shopping keep in mind that it is not the cashiers fault…..

I was looking for a recipe and hello look what I found…….I knew I had it some place……..

Deadra maybe you should make these and have one b/4 your run…….

Deadra’s health cookies

¾ cup of butter
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup honey
1 egg
2 tsp vanilla
2 Tabsp milk
21/2 cups flour
1 tsp b.soda
1 tsp b powder
1 Tsp salt
11/2 cups rolled oats
3 cups of yummy stuff……..a mixture of these yummy things………hemp hearts, wheat germ, sunflowers seeds, flax seeds, poppy seeds, sesame seeds, any kind of chopped nuts, coconut.
¼ tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp ginger
1/8 tsp all spice
½ mixed spice

Cream butter sugar and honey, add egg vanilla and milk and beat well. Add everything else and mix well.
Pre heat oven to 300.
You will need and ice cream scoop to scoop mixture on to a cooking sheet.
These cookies do not spread hardly at all……..bake for 10 to 12 min.
Enjoy, they are better eaten the day after you make them….enjoy

 
At 11/21/2006 10:14 AM, Blogger Gabrielle said...

the last amount of spice in Deadra's health cookies should be 1/2 tsp mixed spice. sorry

 
At 11/21/2006 4:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We got your thank you card! Cute picture!

-Gail and Trevor

 
At 11/21/2006 11:29 PM, Blogger TweedleDea said...

Yay Trevor and Gail, I'm glad you liked it.

Also the health cookies, so good, thanks for posting it Gay, I couldn't find my copy of the recipie.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home