The Tweedles

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Do Run Run Run, Do Run Run.

This running thing? It's gettin' hard, yo! Well not so much on the gettin' as on the already hard, hella hard.
Adam and I went for a run today, 'cause I can't made the regional one tomorrow, (we're going to the 49ers v Seattle, watch for me as I streak across the field) anyhow it was a bad bad run. I have managed to get nasty shin splints, which leave my legs from my ankles to my knees rock hard and throbbing, then numb. (Get your mind outta the gutter, yo!) So rather than quit and give up, which would be so easy right now, we went and bought me new shoes, so I guess I can't quit now. My new ones are all pretty, and glow in the dark white. I didn't want the uber white ones, 'cause nothing says new runner louder than white shoes and an abundant butt. I also bought a couple new sports bras because the ones I wore in uni have lost their support, and the sisters need to stay close to my heart.

So trying on sports bras, especially if you actually need them, is hell! The ones with high support are evil, you need to be Houdini to get into them, and double jointed to get them off. I would *almost* rather try on too-tight jeans than these sports bras. I did find a lovely one that was so comfortable, but I should have guessed it would offer no support, it was too easy to put on. So we left the store with a nice new pair of shoes, and 2 new bras. Oh yeah, and the bras that support, tres moolah. Damn me and my perfect natural voluptuous breasts. Damn them to hell!

On Monday with my new shoes and my new bra I will run, and try not to cry from the pain in my calves. Also in case you might know about such things, I am doing exercises for my shins. The toe liftey kind, then the heel lifty kind to balance our my calves, which I don't care if they are balanced, they are so effin' huge (and solid I might add) that they will never be dainty and nice, so let them be massive and bulky. Also I will ice them after a killer run, or after I run at all. The coaches suggest that we sit in an ice bath for at least 10 minutes. I think at this time I will resort to ice packs.

Well my lovlies, I am going to eat ice cream, but not chocolate because I still have no interest in it. Damn hormones, damn them to hell with my boobs in tow!

2 Comments:

At 11/19/2006 1:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel you on the sports bras, girl. How do people get them on? And then, how do they keep them on without cutting off circulation to the upper body? Then how do they get them off? Do their husbands/boyfriends/girlfriends/sisters/mothers help? And how embarrassing is it for a grown woman to ask for help removing an item of clothing. I'm going way to far with this.

That's why I love the T-Tapp. No bouncing, so no bra necessary. Awesome.

 
At 11/19/2006 7:20 PM, Blogger Gabrielle said...

Gee I sure hope that your “new” running shoes are better. Sounds like you are in PAIN…pore thing you. I am sure that the twins will feel much better on your next run…….LOL
So how was the football game……..sure glad I did not see you streeeeeking across the field. Did you have a good time at the game.
It was Grey cup day today……since you do not get Canadian T.V at all you may have forgotten. Go B.C Go……..Go B.C Go………… needless to say the lions are the champs………! Way to go B.C rah rah rah.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home