The Tweedles

Friday, November 17, 2006

Blogging vs Journaling

The Grudge Match.

(Oh I couldn't resist.)

On blogging and journaling. I was talking to one of the ladies in one of my writing classes and mentioned blogging to her, she says that she can't because she doesn't have time, which is valid. She also mentioned that she journals. So I started thinking about when I have journaled, versus me blogging now.

When I was in Korea I journaled a lot, I found it to be relaxing when my emotions were high. Also interestingly enough I always wrote cursive, in everyday life I print, but when I journal it's cursive. I think along with the emotional vomit onto the page, the act of writing calmed me. And yet now I have this scary black cloud over me, and I'm not journaling, but I am blogging, but I don't really write about it, rather I write superfluous stuff, which amuses me, but isn’t always me, at my core. However I am okay with my life, I think that having Adam helps, so I don't need to cry over my journal, instead I throw something at him*. I find that relaxing, and if he complains, I remind him that my uterus is all wonky.

I have also realized that there are a lot of benefits to blogging over journaling, like, hello, I am a total attention junkie. I love knowing that there are people reading my stuff, and that there are complete strangers reading it. It's like an adrenalin rush with out the messy sweat. (Or perhaps I am an exhibitionist; maybe someday I'll show the pictures.)

But really, I think that blogging and journaling are the same, maybe I will be able to pour everything out on here some day, I practically do anyhow. The act of typing has become as cathartic to me as writing, and I am far faster at typing, with is good when you have the emotional vomit.

* I have horrible aim, so it’s okay

1 Comments:

At 11/18/2006 7:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

For me, blogging and journaling are the same. Why? Because my handwriting sucks, and I'll stop writing if my fingers get tired. ;) I can type for a VERY long time. And fast too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home