The Tweedles

Sunday, November 12, 2006

More Rememberance Day.

I wonder why I am so determined to observe Rememberance Day. To me it reminds me of my Grandpa, like I said, then I was thinking if in my mind it's just George Walsh Day. So I wondered if I was a fraud. And I came to the conclusion that I'm not. While I do think of my grandfather on R-Day, I do think of what the wars accomplished and I am thankful, and I do think of the young men and women who gave their lives. I'll also admit that I think more of the World Wars than some of the more contemporary wars. That I am sure is a result of my Grandpa and the stories he told me.
Long story shortened. I remember my Grandpa, I remember the men and women he fought with to establish what we have now. I remember the others who fought after him who maintained it.

I will remember them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home