The Tweedles

Monday, November 13, 2006

Leukemia and Lymphoma

I've mentioned that I am training for a marathon. So here's the nitty gritty. I am traiaing with Team in Training, which is a fundraising arm of the Leukemia and Lymphoma foundation. I will be running in the Kaiser half marathon in Feburary, and I get to fundraise $1800 to do so. I do have a website that I will link to, but I just wanted to give a general "this is what I'm doing, be prepared for more details".

I am trying really hard to like running, but I still don't like it. Our coaches mentioned that the first mile always sucks and then you settle into the run in mile 2... mine comes late... rar. into my 3rd mile I start to settle down and not feel like pulling my hair out. Hopefully I'll achieve the zen moment running soon!

So that's the low down on me right now. Oh and if you care 13.1 miles is a half marathon, which is 22 kms.

I might die.

1 Comments:

At 11/14/2006 8:39 AM, Blogger Gabrielle said...

way to go Deadra.....good for you...Oh and you are not going to die...LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home