The Tweedles

Sunday, August 13, 2006

You don't say....

I've talked about before how Adam and I are in this gaming group that meets on Mondays to play board games. We also frequently invited to various other get togethers that some of the other members have privately. It's nice to be wanted. I haven't been going to any of the gaming things lately, mostly because I have been tired from climbing and gymming and just exhausting myself. Now lets add training into the mix for rugby and I'm going to be more cooked. Anyhow I digress. Today I got an email from someone I have never heard of before regarding gaming etiquette. I thought I would share it here.

Hi,

My name is John and I'm an avid board gamer associated with several
gaming groups in the Bay Area. As with many other social groups, we
must follow a certain etiquette while being allocated public space
with events open to the general public. A main concern that has come
up in many of our gaming groups is hygiene.

Since gaming rooms are often crowded with several people in a small
space at once and the odor can be a problem, it would be helpful for
individuals to shower and use deodorant before attending public
events. ALWAYS clean up after yourself. Food wrappers belong in the
garbage and soda cans and bottles belong in recycling. Wipe the tables after eating. The staff are not our maid service. Please wear clean clothes to public events. This advice may seem simplistic and
rather apparent but the problem has been repeatedly run into across
many groups throughout the Bay Area (and other locations, I'm also
sure).

In order to keep public events attractive and pleasant [sic] to a diverse
range of members, we must keep the spaces clean both during and
after the time we use their space.

Sincerely,
John


Funny eh? Except it was actually needed. The hygiene of a lot of the gamers is less than desirable. I want to tell these guys that not showering doesn't make their pheromones more obvious, but it sure makes their funk more obvious.
Really my climbing and being all tired, it's not really that heartbreaking for me. 'Cause the Funk, ain't funky, yo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home