The Tweedles

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Dilemma

I've had these inklings lately that I want to play rugby again. So I went looking for a team. I've found that women's rugby isn't as easy to find here as it is at home, which is unfortunate, 'cause it's a great sport. Anyhow I emailed a few teams and it seems the closest team to me is in San Francisco and as luck would have it, their first practice is this weekend. Also, this will be the first year that this club will have a women's team. And the icing on the cake? They want a women's team, and they are an organized club. Wow, organized and rugby? Will wonders ever cease?
So the dilemma. I retired for a reason. Rugby is hard hard hard on me physically. Playing rugby requires a huge time commitment. Now I know I'm not working, but it takes time away from me and Adam. Also, I won't be able to rock climb as much, and I will be even more worn out every weekend. On the positive side, I love the sport, I'll get a good cardio workout, and I'm sure I will make great friends.
Also if I get pregnant I will have to quit and I don't want to leave a team in a lurch, although I am sure that they will have other people too. All of this is outweighed by how much I love rugby.
Sigh.
I dunno what to do.
Any ideas?

3 Comments:

At 8/09/2006 2:22 AM, Blogger mutantin said...

join the team!!

i'm deeply impressed everytime i read about ruggers in the us, and the commitments they make besides working full-time, to play this wonderful sport.
makes me feel a bit stupid every time i whine about the 20 minutes it takes me to get to the pitch (by bike).
but then again, props are lazy ;-)

 
At 8/09/2006 8:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Join up! This is the time! Sure, you lose some Adam and Dea time, but you would hate even more to lose Adam, Dea and munchkin time, so do it now and have FUN!!!

 
At 8/10/2006 6:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Exactly. Take it from me, once you have a baby, you don't have any free time, and once you get some when the kid is older, you will have so many things you want to do, you just won't KNOW what you want to do.

I know you love rugby, Dea. Your face lights up when you talk about playing.

Do it while you can. Do it cuz you love it. Just do it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home