The Tweedles

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Ceramics Round up #2

So sorry to have neglected you all.... But I am back, and saddle up buckaroos, let's go on a ceramics round up!
















This is a large square plate, good as a fruit "bowl". It's not finished it still needs a final glaze.

















This is a big bowl, it's made with 2 clays using coils, I wanted to keep a distinction between them. I think I am going to glaze it turquoise, then the white will be blue and the red will be brown.
















This is a trivet I made for a friend for her anniversary. It is a scene from a card she gave me for the wedding and her and her husbnd loved it. The scene is showing how to not discuss stuff.
















This is a smaller square plate, it's painted using a different technique. I'm not sure if I like it.

















Another not quite finished one. It needs a glaze or stain, it's a mask of someone... Try and guess.


















This is my current work in progress. It needs a few little touches and to be hollowed out and fired, glazed and fired.

Well that's all of them. I have a couple other things in the works. Which is your favorite?

4 Comments:

At 8/03/2006 1:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My favourite is the square "bowl" with the dots
Good job Dea!

 
At 8/03/2006 2:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the pregnant statuette. It's very serene.

 
At 8/04/2006 5:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the smaller square plate with the branches, leaves and fruit; the one you are not sure you like. You should like it; it's pretty.

I also like the pregnant lady statuette.

And the big two-clay coil bowl is very earthy. I like.

You are very talented. And diverse. Famous artisan in the making.

 
At 8/06/2006 9:49 AM, Blogger Gabrielle said...

Wow Deadra these are all really good I like them all. The bowl is really cool I like that one…HINT HINT…….Awesome Deadra . I am going to assume that the marsk is of Tessa Bean ……the pregnant lady is very cool …you did a great job on her. I like them all. Dont make me pick one they are all great.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home