The Tweedles

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Mish Mash vol. 3

Ok so I haven't made a post in nearly a week. It's not my fault, I swear! The computer wasn't behaving, and Adam tried everything. I suggested threatening it with a hammer to scare it straight. He scoffed, personally I think he did it and now it's a' runnin'.
So the things that have been happenin'.
First I had an earache. Well what I thought was an earache, and what my doctor diagnosed as an earache. But the pain, oi the pain, not so good. I went back to the doctor. I saw another one, since mine doesn't work weekend, and he says it's a jaw thing that looks like an earache. I was told to take Advil, of which I took a lot of, and I also partially cooked my brain with a heating pad, which helped me to make it through a couple days. I feel less pain now, but I can't hear out of my ear at all. I think there might be a little infection, but the drops the first doctor gave me hurt. I think I will just abide with being half deaf until the jaw pain is completely gone and then I will use the drops and get rid of the infection.
Well now wasn't that more than you cared to know? Hey you chose to read my friend.
Moving on.
Tennis. I had told you that I wanted to take tennis lessons. So I contacted this guy and took some with Adam. It was fun. But he was really pressuring me. Like a lot. I wanted to take him aside and remind him that I am not Anna Kornikova and I have no desire to ever play at professionally, I just want to have fun. That being said I have a really good back hand, and I might be a switch hitter in tennis, IE I can use both hands. FUN! Adam and I played a game and alas, he beat me, but just barely.
Rock Climbing. SO fun! I had a belay lesson last night and it was scary as hell, well the first time I had to climb the wall was. I was shaking, and my hands were all sweaty and I was so scared. So I forced myself to climb and to not show fear. I made it to the top and I got down. Then I realized I was hooked. I had to reason with myself, that humans are meant to have fear. Generally falling... is met with a splat. I fear the splat. I did fall though, we had to so the balayer could practice catching a faller. I was a good faller. Very convincing was I, I even threw in an expletive. Well that time I actually fell. Word to the wise, when climbing your 2nd climb ever, maybe don't try a sticky outey wall.... In any case I start rock climbing lessons on Thursday.
Yoga. I just came back from a Gentle Beginners Yoga. I found it quite easy. I need to find a middle of the road one, not too hard, but not so easy that I can do everything. It was really relaxing though, and I enjoyed it.
Ceramics. I only have a couple classes left until October. So I am going to make stuff at home and take it to this place to be fired. I am excited.
When I first told my dad that I was taking ceramics he responded in jest with "I don't want any!" Any you all have seen the pictures, and I find that everyone likes something. Although no one has commented on my dude... I worked the hardest on him. Anyhow my dad mentioned that a large square plate would be good for a fruit bowl. So yesterday I made him one, but shhh don't tell him. Oh wait. We'll see how it turns out, I painted brown and pink circles down one side of it, so he may not like it, but it's not like I can't make another.
Well that sums up my extra curricular activities, and well the gym but I talk about that all the time.
Moving on.
It's not a big secret that Adam and I want to get pregnant. But I don't want to talk about it a lot, lest we jinx it. I am expecting troubles, and they aren't unfounded. But we might be lucky. I have been taking my temperature every morning and charting it, and there is no sign of anything. We bought little pee strips so I can check for ovulation, again nothing. ARG. I do not want people to tell me that it's still early, or that I am young. I hate that more than cheeze whiz on cheap brown bread. I'm aware that I am young and that I have lots of time, but I don't want to be 40 having my first kid, ideally triplets around now would be great, then I would already have 3 children and all would be good. Even twins would be great. Anyhow that will be all that we talk about this until I let you know how things are.
And weight loss. My lovely OBGYN thinks that I need to lose weight. She things I should be 110 lbs. I laugh in her face. No chance on this green earth will I ever be 110 lbs. Maybe if I cut off a leg or something.... Anyhow I have decided to make an effort to "lose half a Backstreet Boy" as my friend Carolyn puts it. I wonder though, if I can choose which Boy? I don't want to lose half a Nick, he's kinda big, but half an AJ would be ok, he's little....
Well I think I have rambled enough.
cheer's ya'll...
oh yeah I love comments.

2 Comments:

At 7/18/2006 3:15 PM, Blogger Lisa C. said...

Sorry about your ear pain! I hope you guys get pregnant soon. Two such lovely people will have lovely children. :)

 
At 7/20/2006 12:35 AM, Blogger TweedleDea said...

I don't know about lovely, but I am sure that they will be short with exceedingly small feet and transparent. Which is really good for the sunscreen industry!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home