The Tweedles

Friday, November 02, 2007

November 2nd 10:16pm.

Okay this sucks. It's only the 2nd and I'm already screwing up? I wonder what's wrong with my brain. Oh wait.... That's right I have a parasite.
Speaking of said parasite. (I get so mad at Adam when he calls her a parasite, and yet here I am being all hypocritical.) Anyhow I thought it would be fun to plea for the stuff I crave, because I can't get it in this country. Yes the land of consumerism and I can't satiate my pregnancy cravings. One might think that I am craving something obscene like (insert strange food item found only in remote jungle or small country far away from here-- remember the brain sucking and my inability to think well?). But I'm not craving ________. I want chicken noodle soup, from Tim Horton's. Oh sweet Timmy Ho's, with your slightly stale donuts and reconstituted chicken noodle soup, how I miss you so. I'm also craving sate pho from Saigon Y2K in Calgary. Oh salty fishy soup that is too spicy to eat so I make Adam order it so I can eat some of his and not waste a whole bowl, how I miss you so. And the piece d'resistance Vegemite. Oh dark god of hot buttered toast, I read that you're illegal in the US due to you high levels of B12. Oh salty spread of spreads the misunderstood breakfast jewel, I know that you are not to be spread like peanut butter, but rather gently caressed into the nooks and crannies of warm toasty bread. Oh tangy taste bud titilater, close cousin to Marmite, I yearn for you. I want you dripping with butter from my toast, melted into a cup of hot water for a yummy beverage and licked lovingly from the end of my butter knife before it's plunged into the dark, humid prison that is the dishwasher. Oh Vegemite more than anything I want to have you in my cupboard so I can eat you anytime I wish. I'll keep you snuggled close to the Nutella, who I hear from the peanut butter is a good bed fellow. Oh Vegemite I especially want you in the two pound jar, forever ready to adorn my toast, and satisfy my cravings for salty yeasty beer by product goodness.

So there you have it, I have cravings, but only of things I cannot get here. Or perhaps they are the cravings that persist because they cannot be satiated. In any case I will continue to dream of toast spread with delicious black sludge to be eaten with Timmy's soup, and then for desert fishy pho.
Sigh....

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 11/03/2007 10:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would mail you some Timmy Ho's soup, but I'm not sure how well it would travel, and then it would just be taunting you more with it's salty/chickeny smell, but looking like you really wouldn't want to eat it.
If I knew where to get Vegemite (is it Australian?) I would send you some too!
Hope you get some different, yet local cravings!
K

 

Post a Comment

<< Home